Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 06:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation Please Female 700 GMAT

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Nov 2013
Posts: 12
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Profile Evaluation Please Female 700 GMAT [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2013, 14:01
Hello,

I kindly ask you to take a look at my profile and provide feedback on it.

Female, 23 yrs old (will be 24 yrs old by 2014 matriculation) from former USSR country in Caucasus Region.

GMAT 700 (Q49, V35), IR 6 (taken recently, essay score is not available yet)

Academics:

Bachelor‘s degree in Economics GPA 3.75/4.0 (From a top regional university, graduated in May 2010)

Distance learning - Master of Business Management GPA 3.6/4.0 (From the same top regional university, graduating in February 2014)


Work Experience:

Full Time, (October 2012-current) Business Analyst at a local Software development company that provides solutions for the tax management system of the country. Responsible for eliciting requirements using interviews, analyzing workflows, describing business processes and translating business requirements into high level functional specifications

Full Time, (October 2010-September 2012) Business Analyst/ SAGE ERP Accpac Certified Consultant/ Product owner at local software consulting and Development Company that is a back office of the U.A.E. based company. I developed business models per customer requirements, managed the performance of development and testing departments within the framework of a specific project, consulted foreign customers via webinars on the use of Sage ERP Accpac, made marketing presentations, trained new employees

Part time (Jan-May 2010), Full time (Jun-Sept 2010), Accounting Software Consultant at a local small company. Installed and implemented the program at a client’s site and provided further maintenance.

Full time, (2 months during summer 2009) Intern at SME DNC (Small Medium Entrepreneurship Development National Center). Examined and assessed different companies’ business plans, summed up the results of the examinations and made final recommendations.


ACHIEVEMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS

ACCA qualification – levels completed- F1, F2, F3, F5, F9
Certified Sage ERP Accpac consultant for both financial and operational modules

Extracurricular:

I was very active at college during all 4 years there. I was the member of student council and the head of entertainment department and was responsible for organizing different cultural, spiritual and entertaining events. Elected by classmates, I was the head of the class/group for 3 years and represented my class during meetings with our faculty members.


Now I am looking forward to applying to one-year MBA in UK (considering Oxford Said and Cambridge Judge) to start in 2014 (will be around 24.5 yrs old by then).

What do you think are my chances at my target schools and what other schools (one year programs preferably) would you recommend me?

Thanks in advance for your time.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Admissionado
User avatar
Joined: 30 Nov 2009
Posts: 3336
Location: Chicago, IL
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 561 [1] , given: 30

Re: Profile Evaluation Please Female 700 GMAT [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2013, 00:18
1
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
LLLG wrote:
Hello,

I kindly ask you to take a look at my profile and provide feedback on it.

Female, 23 yrs old (will be 24 yrs old by 2014 matriculation) from former USSR country in Caucasus Region.

GMAT 700 (Q49, V35), IR 6 (taken recently, essay score is not available yet)

Academics:

Bachelor‘s degree in Economics GPA 3.75/4.0 (From a top regional university, graduated in May 2010)

Distance learning - Master of Business Management GPA 3.6/4.0 (From the same top regional university, graduating in February 2014)


Work Experience:

Full Time, (October 2012-current) Business Analyst at a local Software development company that provides solutions for the tax management system of the country. Responsible for eliciting requirements using interviews, analyzing workflows, describing business processes and translating business requirements into high level functional specifications

Full Time, (October 2010-September 2012) Business Analyst/ SAGE ERP Accpac Certified Consultant/ Product owner at local software consulting and Development Company that is a back office of the U.A.E. based company. I developed business models per customer requirements, managed the performance of development and testing departments within the framework of a specific project, consulted foreign customers via webinars on the use of Sage ERP Accpac, made marketing presentations, trained new employees

Part time (Jan-May 2010), Full time (Jun-Sept 2010), Accounting Software Consultant at a local small company. Installed and implemented the program at a client’s site and provided further maintenance.

Full time, (2 months during summer 2009) Intern at SME DNC (Small Medium Entrepreneurship Development National Center). Examined and assessed different companies’ business plans, summed up the results of the examinations and made final recommendations.


ACHIEVEMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS

ACCA qualification – levels completed- F1, F2, F3, F5, F9
Certified Sage ERP Accpac consultant for both financial and operational modules

Extracurricular:

I was very active at college during all 4 years there. I was the member of student council and the head of entertainment department and was responsible for organizing different cultural, spiritual and entertaining events. Elected by classmates, I was the head of the class/group for 3 years and represented my class during meetings with our faculty members.


Now I am looking forward to applying to one-year MBA in UK (considering Oxford Said and Cambridge Judge) to start in 2014 (will be around 24.5 yrs old by then).

What do you think are my chances at my target schools and what other schools (one year programs preferably) would you recommend me?

Thanks in advance for your time.


Hey there.
Thanks for dropping by!

I think overall you should have a pretty decent shot at the two schools you mentioned. Your profile is pretty in line with what they look for. You have a good GMAT a good GPA, solid work experience,. Two little bonuses are that you are female and come from the East (the schools don't get aaaall that many applications from ex-UUSR countries, so the rarity will play to your uniqueness).

You should probably find one or two more schools to add to your list to fill it out (Manchester, City, LBS?). Are you looking only in UK? Or are you open to degree in other places? And where?
_________________

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Nov 2013
Posts: 12
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Re: Profile Evaluation Please Female 700 GMAT [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2013, 12:59
JonAdmissionado wrote:
LLLG wrote:
Hello,

I kindly ask you to take a look at my profile and provide feedback on it.

Female, 23 yrs old (will be 24 yrs old by 2014 matriculation) from former USSR country in Caucasus Region.

GMAT 700 (Q49, V35), IR 6 (taken recently, essay score is not available yet)

Academics:

Bachelor‘s degree in Economics GPA 3.75/4.0 (From a top regional university, graduated in May 2010)

Distance learning - Master of Business Management GPA 3.6/4.0 (From the same top regional university, graduating in February 2014)


Work Experience:

Full Time, (October 2012-current) Business Analyst at a local Software development company that provides solutions for the tax management system of the country. Responsible for eliciting requirements using interviews, analyzing workflows, describing business processes and translating business requirements into high level functional specifications

Full Time, (October 2010-September 2012) Business Analyst/ SAGE ERP Accpac Certified Consultant/ Product owner at local software consulting and Development Company that is a back office of the U.A.E. based company. I developed business models per customer requirements, managed the performance of development and testing departments within the framework of a specific project, consulted foreign customers via webinars on the use of Sage ERP Accpac, made marketing presentations, trained new employees

Part time (Jan-May 2010), Full time (Jun-Sept 2010), Accounting Software Consultant at a local small company. Installed and implemented the program at a client’s site and provided further maintenance.

Full time, (2 months during summer 2009) Intern at SME DNC (Small Medium Entrepreneurship Development National Center). Examined and assessed different companies’ business plans, summed up the results of the examinations and made final recommendations.


ACHIEVEMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS

ACCA qualification – levels completed- F1, F2, F3, F5, F9
Certified Sage ERP Accpac consultant for both financial and operational modules

Extracurricular:

I was very active at college during all 4 years there. I was the member of student council and the head of entertainment department and was responsible for organizing different cultural, spiritual and entertaining events. Elected by classmates, I was the head of the class/group for 3 years and represented my class during meetings with our faculty members.


Now I am looking forward to applying to one-year MBA in UK (considering Oxford Said and Cambridge Judge) to start in 2014 (will be around 24.5 yrs old by then).

What do you think are my chances at my target schools and what other schools (one year programs preferably) would you recommend me?

Thanks in advance for your time.


Hey there.
Thanks for dropping by!

I think overall you should have a pretty decent shot at the two schools you mentioned. Your profile is pretty in line with what they look for. You have a good GMAT a good GPA, solid work experience,. Two little bonuses are that you are female and come from the East (the schools don't get aaaall that many applications from ex-UUSR countries, so the rarity will play to your uniqueness).

You should probably find one or two more schools to add to your list to fill it out (Manchester, City, LBS?). Are you looking only in UK? Or are you open to degree in other places? And where?


Hi Jon,

Thank you very much for your response.

Although I am mainly interested in one year programs offered by UK Universities, I am open to considering other options too, preferably in US. I will consider Manchester, City and LBS, but unfortunately LBS and Manchester do not offer 1 year MBA programs. Also, do you think it is worth applying to Imperial College London MBA?

P.S. Just received my official GMAT score report, and my AWA score is 5
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Admissionado
User avatar
Joined: 30 Nov 2009
Posts: 3336
Location: Chicago, IL
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 561 [1] , given: 30

Re: Profile Evaluation Please Female 700 GMAT [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2013, 06:54
1
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Well true that, but LBS can be finished in 14 or 15 months, which is a bit more than a year, but not THAT much. In the US, you Kellogg, Cornell and Babson are your one-year usual suspects. Kellogg would be tough, Cornell competitive and Babson you'd have good chances. So you can think about how those schools fit into your goals.

Other than that loooooooking goooood...
_________________

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Nov 2013
Posts: 12
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Re: Profile Evaluation Please Female 700 GMAT [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2013, 22:49
Ok, Thank you Jon. Will consider those too.
And what about Imperial MBA? Do you think it is worth applying?
Expert Post
Admissionado
User avatar
Joined: 30 Nov 2009
Posts: 3336
Location: Chicago, IL
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 561 [0], given: 30

Re: Profile Evaluation Please Female 700 GMAT [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2013, 13:57
Expert's post
LLLG wrote:
Ok, Thank you Jon. Will consider those too.
And what about Imperial MBA? Do you think it is worth applying?


Well it's certainly the lowest ranked on your list, but they have good placements and good statistics, so you could keep it in as your "Safe school" in your school list (always a good idea to have at least one).

Good luck!

And if you need anything else, you know where to turn to...
_________________

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Nov 2013
Posts: 12
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Re: Profile Evaluation Please Female 700 GMAT [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2013, 00:33
Ok, thank you very much for your advice.

I'll keep you posted.
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Profile Evaluation Please Female 700 GMAT LLLG 3 04 Nov 2013, 14:08
Experts publish their posts in the topic Profile Evaluation Please Female 700 GMAT LLLG 3 04 Nov 2013, 14:06
Profile Evaluation Please Female 700 GMAT LLLG 0 04 Nov 2013, 14:05
Experts publish their posts in the topic Profile Evaluation Please Female 700 GMAT LLLG 1 04 Nov 2013, 14:05
1 Experts publish their posts in the topic Profile Evaluation Please Female 700 GMAT LLLG 2 04 Nov 2013, 14:04
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Profile Evaluation Please Female 700 GMAT

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: JonAdmissionado



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.