Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 18:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation please! GMAT 720 (Q50, V37), CA CFA L3

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 2.72
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation please! GMAT 720 (Q50, V37), CA CFA L3 [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2012, 08:21
Hello,

Please evaluate my profile:
i. 23 year old Indian
ii. Took GMAT today. Got 720 (Q 50, V37)
iii. Qualified Chartered Accountant (Indian equivalent of CPA). Completed in May 2011.
iv. Cleared CFA L1 in Dec 2011 and L2 in June 2012.
v. Completed 3 levels of ICSI (Indian equivalent of Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators, London)
v. Graduated in June 2010 with 68% marks (2.72 on scale of 4)
vi. Have been working as an auditor since April 2011 in a mid size audit firm. Have some leadership and team building experience.
vii. Don't have praiseworthy co-curricular activities.

Can some one tell me which B schools I can look at with the above profile.

Thanks

Nikhil
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Followers: 34

Kudos [?]: 124 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile Evaluation please! GMAT 720 (Q50, V37), CA CFA L3 [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2012, 11:36
Expert's post
Nikhil--what you have going for you most of all is your profession. There are not many Indian accountants applying, which will help you diversify the accountant pool. Having said this, you are also in the Indian application pool, and standing out in this pool is difficult, since it's a very high achieving group. Your credentials are solid, so the key will be in casting a vision for your future that leverages your achievements and an MBA degree to reach your goals. If you can convince them your career has been intentional and praiseworthy (corroborated by your recommenders of course), then you should be able to win a seat. let us knwo if we can help you pull things together.

Bryant Michaels
Veritas Prep | Admissions Consultant

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 2.72
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation please! GMAT 720 (Q50, V37), CA CFA L3 [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2012, 08:21
bryantmichaels wrote:
Nikhil--what you have going for you most of all is your profession. There are not many Indian accountants applying, which will help you diversify the accountant pool. Having said this, you are also in the Indian application pool, and standing out in this pool is difficult, since it's a very high achieving group. Your credentials are solid, so the key will be in casting a vision for your future that leverages your achievements and an MBA degree to reach your goals. If you can convince them your career has been intentional and praiseworthy (corroborated by your recommenders of course), then you should be able to win a seat. let us knwo if we can help you pull things together.

Thanks a lot Bryant for your reply.

However, I am still not sure about which Schools should I apply ?

Would appreciate your help with the same.

Thanks and Regards

Nikhil
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Followers: 34

Kudos [?]: 124 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile Evaluation please! GMAT 720 (Q50, V37), CA CFA L3 [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2012, 08:31
Expert's post
You don't really supply enough detail to make any recommendations on which b-schools would be a good match. from a general sense, you should apply to the best schools you can get into, but that is a loaded proposition. You need to develop your post MBA vision which will help you target schools who have a reputation for a particular field or discipline (general management, finance, health care management, marketing, etc). Having said that, most b-schools will adequately prepare you for a career in business no matter what field you choose, so it might become more important for you to reverse engineer your school selections by looking at where your post MBA targeted employers do their recruiting. geographic location may also play into your decision. I would say from a 10,000 foot view, you have the core credentials on paper to qualify you to apply to schools in the top 20, but not the top 5 if that helps. I would start with this list of 15 schools and narrow down according to whether your GMAT fits within the schools' 80% range and also if they seem to value international applicants (most do). Hope this helps.

Bryant Michaels
Veritas Prep | Admissions Consultant

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews