Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Dec 2014, 04:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation!! Please help! Urgent

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 10-09-2012
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

Profile Evaluation!! Please help! Urgent [#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2012, 23:37
Hi everyone! :-D

This is my first post on this forum.

I know it might seem a little dumb to ask people for something which is a personal choice but I am a little short on time so I just need assistance.

I am taking my GMAT on 9th October and am still struggling with the verbal section so I want to focus on studying. Therefore, I am asking for your advice on shortlisting the schools in which I have a chance to apply. I have to fill 5 on the exam day. Maybe you could help me shortlist from 100s of schools to just about 10 or something.

I am a female with a B.Tech degree in Electronics and Communication from M.D.U university (average university) in India.

I will have a work experience of 2years in telecom in a highly reputed company by the time I join.

I am looking for Universities in Europe (atleast 2 in UK itself)

I also want to apply to 1 university which has a low tuition fee. This university can be anywhere in the world but it should be an average or above average uni.

I can arrange for good recommendations from my bosses as well as my clients.

I am expecting a score of around 700 (Q50 , V35) (fingers crossed :? )

I have an A-grade B2 level certification in English and A-2 level in Spanish.

In extra-curricular : I was a Table Tennis champion in High school as well as in College. I have international exposure as my company sent me to the UK for training.

That's it! I know its a weak application but could you please suggest the schools I could apply in and have a chance of being accepted?

Please help. I am desperate right now.

Thanks in advance!!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Admission Consultant
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 55 [0], given: 23

Re: Profile Evaluation!! Please help! Urgent [#permalink] New post 23 Sep 2012, 23:42
Expert's post
Hi,

My answer is based on two data points:
1. You will have two years of work experience by the time you join: most UK/ European universities require more than two years of work experience.
2. You know Spanish- in Europe it is almost essential to know the local language if you are to work in that country. So Spain seems like an obvious choice here (as well as other Spanish speaking regions). I am also listing down some canadian b-schools because that have a 2 year work ex requirement.

IESE, Barcelona
Esade, Barcelona,
Queens MBA (Canada)
Schulich School of Business, Canada
McGill - Desautels , Canada

I would encourage you to use this list only as a staring point and do your own research.

Namita
www.mbadecoder.com

Namita Garg
http://www.mbadecoder.com
contact@mbadecoder.com

Re: Profile Evaluation!! Please help! Urgent   [#permalink] 23 Sep 2012, 23:42