It would be helpful if you could give some feedback regarding my profile and choice of target schools. Sorry for the long post!!
Indian/IT Male /28/ 6.5 Years exp in TCS (will be 8 by the time I start my MBA)
International Work Experience – 1 Year in UK, Will be moving to Munich soon.
• GMAT: 740 (Q51, V39)
• Engineering- 77.10% from one of the best engineering schools in India (Non-IIT)
• 12th - 92.5% (Top 2% of the class) , 10th - 95.2% (Ranked 14th for the state out of 80,000 students that year)
I had applied in 2011 and was rejected by Haas, ISB, Tuck w/o Interview and Tepper, UT Austin after interview. (Yes! I messed up the interviews)
Professional Experience: Presales and Consulting (past 2 years and added to the profile compared to the past exp):
• Won 7 deals (out of 9) totalling over 8 M USD/year competing with three other vendors (Accenture, IBM and Infosys)
• Added over 100 new positions through these 7 deals covering all aspects of IT (Development, Testing, Infrastructure and Maintenance services)
• Developed an applications consolidation strategy to streamline business processes with a possibility of saving over 2M USD/Year
• Developed a strategy to roll out application maintenance support to geographies such as APAC, Russia and Brazil, Netherlands
• Currently working on a Global Business Intelligence Strategy for an Insurance Major involving 'Big Data' analysis and Data warehousing, with a potential business opportunity of over 50M USDProject Management (past 2 years and added to the profile compared to the past exp):
• Currently managing a project of over 1 M USD with 32 associates reporting to me, one of the youngest PMs in TCS handling a portfolio of over 1M
• Handling a global team working parallel in US, UK , Germany, SG, SA and India
• Conceptualized and implemented 'Value Delivery Framework' that would enable associates to generate ideas for process improvements - achieved over 100,000 USD Savings in the first yearOther Experience before moving into Project Management: (Used for the previous apps)
• Lead a team for eight analysts in London, Munich & Bangalore to develop technology solutions; investigating problems and performing business analysis for TCS’s first Corporate and Specialty Insurance client with an annual revenue of € 4Million
• More than 5 years of experience in working the Insurance domain (both life and non-life)
• Saved over $3 million for the client partner by resolving one of the critical issues related to a German marine insurance claim
• Analysed client’s global application landscape and developed a strategy to improve their Financial Reconciliation process leading to ~20% reduction in processing times
• Led a team of 6 members to successfully implement the complete IT infrastructure for a client. The project was worth around 500,000 USDExtracurricular:
• Band Manager for a Hindi Rock Band (New) - Managed to get over 10 shows for the band in the past year
• External Consultant to an event management company helping them in improving their business (New)
• Maitree Champion TCS –
- Led a CSR Activity in TCS through adopting a school and educating the kids on English, Computers and Mathematics (New)
- 10 K Marathon - One of the volunteers and made sure to register over 50 participants for the run (New)
- Organized fund raising events to raise over INR 60,000 ($1,500) for orphanages and schools for the underprivileged
- Worked with Stepney FC in London to return disaffected young people to mainstream of society through Football
• Faculty, Foreign Language Initiatives (Bangalore) - Trained more than 120 associates in ‘Business Communications’ and continuously received 100% faculty rating from the participants
• Director and Stage Manager – For a Japanese play performed by a 12 member team during TCS induction
• Core Coordinator - QFest - Quality Awareness Fest in TCS - Led team of 10 associates to conceptualize, plan and execute 20 events over 5 days catering to 500
• Part of the recruitment team - Visited many campuses and conducted off campus events to recruit people into the organization.Professional Certifications:
• Associate, Life Management Institute (ALMI) designation in Insurance - Pursued on my own interest.
• Completed Level 1 of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) offered by the CFA Institute, USA. Currently a Level 2 candidate. - Pursued my own because of my personal interest in Finance.
• ITIL Certification in IT Service Management.
• National Stock Exchange (NSE) certification in Derivatives and NSE certification in Financial Markets. - my personal interest in Finance.
• German language level 1 (A1) offered by the Goethe Institute. - Additional things:
• Know 7 languages including basic German and Japanese
• Hobbies - Avid Traveler - Visited more than 10 countries, Huge Man U fan, Excellent Cook Short Term Goal:Technology Strategy Consulting
: To get into a consulting firm into their Information Technology practice (MBB / Booz Allen / Accenture Bus. Consulting / Delloitte). Main interest is in the IT of Global Financial and Insurance firms.Long Term Goal:
CIO/CTO of a big financial / insurance / technology firmTarget Schools:
Dream : Haas, Kelloggs, INSEAD
Realistic : Duke, UCLA, Ross, Tepper, UT Austin, ISB , NUS
I have a few questions:
• Is my experience of 8 years a major challenge?
• Can you please let me know whether my target schools are actually on target based on my profile
• Should I reapply to Haas? Considering that, it’s tough to get in and they have already rejected me?
• Are there any other schools that I need to consider?
Thanks a lot for your patience and for the response