Age : 30
Nationality : Indian
GMAT : Yet to take. Practice scores around 700.
Work Exp : I have 7 plus years of work exp in Asset Management, Private Equity (a small firm) and Sell side research (Bulge Bracket). My experience has been primarily Indian capital market focused. However, I have some international experience with small stints at NY during my sell side research days.
Academics : I already have a prior MBA (majored in Finance) from an Indian business school. However this was straight after undergrads. GPA : 3.6 (Converted from a 10 point scale). All my work experience was post the MBA.
Extra Currics - Amateur wildlife photographer, member of conservation societies, volunteer work for the homeless, organized blood donation drives at college.
Reason to do MBA
- A global career preferably in PE/Investment Management - Leverage my existing analytical skills and work experience and switch to a more global role.
- Prior MBA did not have the diversity-cultural/work experience/nationality- that to me is key for a global career. It was straight after undergrads and majority of the class also had minimal work exp. (a norm at most business schools in India)
Target schools - Wharton, LBS, Booth, Columbia, Stern, Kellogg (not in any order)
- Do I have a chance at my target schools?
- Please suggest if I should add more schools to the target list considering my career goals and work exp.?
- Will my prior MBA be an issue?