Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 10:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile evaluation please (Thank you for your time)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile evaluation please (Thank you for your time) [#permalink] New post 28 Aug 2012, 04:35
Nationality : Indian
GMAT : Yet to take. Practice scores around 700.

Work Exp : I have 7 plus years of work exp in Asset Management, Private Equity (a small firm) and Sell side research (Bulge Bracket). My experience has been primarily Indian capital market focused. However, I have some international experience with small stints at NY during my sell side research days.

Academics : I already have a prior MBA (majored in Finance) from an Indian business school. However this was straight after undergrads. GPA : 3.6 (Converted from a 10 point scale). All my work experience was post the MBA.

Extra Currics - Amateur wildlife photographer, member of conservation societies, volunteer work for the homeless, organized blood donation drives at college.

Reason to do MBA
- A global career preferably in PE/Investment Management - Leverage my existing analytical skills and work experience and switch to a more global role.
- Prior MBA did not have the diversity-cultural/work experience/nationality- that to me is key for a global career. It was straight after undergrads and majority of the class also had minimal work exp. (a norm at most business schools in India)

Target schools - Wharton, LBS, Booth, Columbia, Stern, Kellogg (not in any order)

Questions :

- Do I have a chance at my target schools?
- Please suggest if I should add more schools to the target list considering my career goals and work exp.?
- Will my prior MBA be an issue?
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Followers: 36

Kudos [?]: 128 [0], given: 3

Re: Profile evaluation please (Thank you for your time) [#permalink] New post 29 Aug 2012, 15:17
Expert's post
Prior MBA is an issue. I believe all those schools you name will reject your application if you already have an MBA. Sorry to bear bad news.

Bryant Michaels
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews