Please evaluate my profile,
Degree-Industrial engineering and management
GPA-3.55/4, elected class representative of class for the 3rd semester
Work-Family business(Manufacturing), 2.3yrs at the time of joining.
• Developed a 3-year plan for innovative manufacturing technology implementation in collaboration with a Swedish technology company, projected to save the company $ annually and help the company tap a $ billion market for special wind turbine components. Fewer than 5 foundries out of some 3000 foundries in India have this technology.
• Managed a cross-functional team of quality, production and development personnel to implement the above plan. The implementation work took 6 months beginning November 2011.
• Developed an 8-year plan for introducing a new manufacturing process called the full-mould process in consultation with Frost & Sullivan to enter and become leaders in the automotive stamping die market. The introduction of this plan is projected to provide additional revenues of $ million for the period 2012 to 2020.
• Currently manage a cross-functional team of development and production personnel to implement the above plan.
• Travelled to Sweden to negotiate a tri-partite venture to commercialize a patented bi-metal casting technology. This new technology complements the full mould process and is projected to increase the additional revenues of $ million by another 15% and provide savings of $ annually when successfully implemented by mid-2013.
• Created a plan to target the large/offshore wind turbine components market because the wind turbine market is shifting toward larger offshore turbines. The plan involves investments worth $ million spread across 1-year beginning Jan 2013 to retool a part of the plant. Travelled across Europe to scout for new generation foundry machinery. The trip involved meeting prospective vendors to discuss technical specifications and to negotiate the price of the machinery.
• Involved in negotiations to setup joint-ventures in India with Italian companies, although none of them were successful due to adverse market conditions.
• Held negotiations to setup joint-ventures in India with a Japanese company to setup a $million alloy wheel plant and a $million aluminium foundry although it was not successful.
Additionally, I have been involved in the company activities even during college. For eg,travelled to Germany to attend the industrial fair Hannover Messe for marketing and networking purposes.
• Been playing the Indian classical instrument, Tabla since I was 8yrs old. Performed at shows and completed examinations/certifications.
• Been taking part in the family-run charity school since, primary school. I proposed a plan to let out the school premises for concerts on the weekends to raise an additional $15000 annually to meet the needs of the expanding school.
PS:I havent put actual figures as this is a public forum. Hope thats ok.