Please help me with a profile evaluation. My details are :-
Nationality : Indian
Work Experience : 7 years
Age : 29
Gender : Female (Married)
* I am working with a start up as Manager Human Resources.
* Have a consulting experience of almost 3 years, where i have worked with some of the best brand names in the country.
* I work specifically on Strategic HR Planning implementation
* Active in Company recruitment drives.
Bachelor of Science (Zoology) - Delhi University, GPA 3.5 /5
Had been a professional painter for 4 years
Worked with an NGO both on social issues and internal HR issues during my consulting days
I am an avid reader: world History, Biographies.
I am a food blogger and run a small but "highly in demand" catering service on my own, not for profit but for the joy of cooking.
Short term: Strategy consulting ( Operations strategy to be specific)
Please let me know ..
1. Is my profile competitive enough for Top 20 US B Schools? What are the major loop holes in my candidacy?
2. Is my GMAT score enough? I am asking this because I am not one of those Techie Indians with the highest GMAT scores. Will additional 30-40 points create a difference?
3. I do not have any international exposure and it is highly unlikely that my firm will send me for overseas projects? How can I improve on this front?
You sound like a good candidate whose GMAT score is dragging her down. I do think that a jump in score from 640 to 680 or higher will help, and I also think that expanding the programs to which you apply will help as well. Schools like Vanderbilt, Brigham Young, Texas A&M, Purdue, Michigan State, and University of Wisconsin offer excellent Human Resources educations. You don't need overseas experience, but it does help if you can demonstrate the ability to work and collaborate in diverse groups.
Jennifer Bloom, CPRW
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog