Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 01:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation Pls!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Concentration: Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V33
GPA: 3.8
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 4

Profile Evaluation Pls! [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2013, 07:01
Please Evaluate my profile and suggest the best fits

Planning to apply for Fall 2014.

Please find my details below:

1. GMAT: 700 (Q50, V33). Awaiting AWA and IR scores. (1st attempt). Yet to give TOEFL

2. Academics :
10th - 84%
12th - 94%
B.tech in Computer Science(2009 Passout) - CGPA 8.3/10 (First Class with Distinction) from a good Indian University.

Extra Curricular Activities During B.tech:
I) Won First prize in Robotics in a National Technical Symposium.
II) Won First prize in Networking at a National Tech festival.
III) Won First prize in Web Designing for consecutive 2 years conducted by Association of Computer Engineers.
IV) Completed 3 Projects under Microsoft Student2Business Academic Program.
V) Apart from above, I have also organized many events.

3. Work Ex. :
I have been working for Wipro Technologies for the past 3 years(would be 4.5 by fall 2014).
Right from my joining, I have worked for big Telecom Clients namely Nokia and Qualcomm. And, I always worked at client locations.
- I have worked at Nokia HQ in Finland for 11 months. Apart from technical aspects, I assign tasks to 8 member Testing team, I host the daily Integrator's meeting where teams working on various modules participate from all over the world. I track their Issues and resolve them. Also, assisting offshore team when and where necessary.
- From the past 5 months, I have been working as a Automation consultant at Qualcomm location in India where I have automated many Manual activities performed by the Integrators.
- I also give technical training's to new members of the team.

4. Post-MBA :
Work as a business analyst initially and later move to a managerial role for telecom giants.

--- Hobbies: Cooking(a lot), playing indoor and outdoor games.
--- Actively organize various festivals in the colony by collecting funds and also the food I make would be served in those gatherings.

I am interested in Information Systems and Finance.

I have shortlisted few colleges namely CMU-tepper(Information Systems), Univ. of maryland - college park, Rice, Ohio State Univ and Vanderbilt Owen.

I want to know if the above universities are safe and if not in what areas do I need to improve during this 1 year time. Also suggest any other good universities that I can look into.

Thanks in Advance!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Followers: 36

Kudos [?]: 128 [0], given: 3

Re: Profile Evaluation Pls! [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2013, 16:13
Expert's post
I think your schools choices are good and certainly reasonable considering your profile, which looks strong. In particular, I like that you have a clear idea of what you want to do post MBA and how you past experience has been good preparation for it. Business schools like a good story, one that makes sense and yours does. Coupled with your GMAT, you should have a good shot at those schools with a thoughtfully crafted and error free application. The HB1 Visa would be a plus if you have it. I would also take a look at GA Tech considering your background and your post MBA goals.

Bryant Michaels
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews