Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 10:55

Flash Sale:

The Economist GMAT Tutor - 15% Off All Courses

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile evaluation & program suggestion

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile evaluation & program suggestion [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 18:23
Could you please suggest few programs which would be suitable for my profile.

1) Brief description of your full-time work experience. What do you do?
10+ years.. around 8 years in consulting & project management role in large scale ERP implementation projects for clients such as GE, Cummins & DHL. Currently, working as a Program Manager in an electronics manufacturing company.

Salary : $100K+ PA , but don't have enough savings to go for any exorbitant expensive executive MBA programs
2) Your GMAT: First attempt, appeared last week & got 690 (Q48, V37) . I registered on Friday, and took the exam on Saturday. I was quite confident of 720+, but somehow got lost in QA section & that affected my Verbal score. I 'll appear again in 2-3 months time, and now targeting 740+

3) College info: The name of the college, your GPA or grade average, your major, year of graduation. For any graduate degrees, please provide the same info. If you grades are low, please indicate if there were extenuating circumstances.
NIT, India, Avg GPA

4) Significant college and post-college extra-curricular activities or community service, especially leadership experience.
I have been part of the CSR teams in all my previous companies. I have few stuffs to write here , and 'll give my-self a positive point.

5) Important certifications like CFA, CPA, FSA, or CA.
Nothing great but have done few in last 10 years
CPIM from APICS
PMP from PMI
Some technical certifications

6) Your target programs.
I need your help. I am looking for 1 year full-time programs which can add value to my career.
I would like to continue my job in SCM/Operations domain.

7) When you plan to apply? Please specify round and application cycle, for example R1 2013-14 or R3 2012-13.
R1 2013-14

8) Your post-MBA goal.
To be in a role (such as Director Operations in a Mfg company, IT Consulting company) where I would get a chance to innovate the business processes.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 40

Kudos [?]: 333 [0], given: 64

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile evaluation & program suggestion [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2013, 22:16
Expert's post
inoadblog wrote:
Could you please suggest few programs which would be suitable for my profile.

1) Brief description of your full-time work experience. What do you do?
10+ years.. around 8 years in consulting & project management role in large scale ERP implementation projects for clients such as GE, Cummins & DHL. Currently, working as a Program Manager in an electronics manufacturing company.

Salary : $100K+ PA , but don't have enough savings to go for any exorbitant expensive executive MBA programs
2) Your GMAT: First attempt, appeared last week & got 690 (Q48, V37) . I registered on Friday, and took the exam on Saturday. I was quite confident of 720+, but somehow got lost in QA section & that affected my Verbal score. I 'll appear again in 2-3 months time, and now targeting 740+

3) College info: The name of the college, your GPA or grade average, your major, year of graduation. For any graduate degrees, please provide the same info. If you grades are low, please indicate if there were extenuating circumstances.
NIT, India, Avg GPA

4) Significant college and post-college extra-curricular activities or community service, especially leadership experience.
I have been part of the CSR teams in all my previous companies. I have few stuffs to write here , and 'll give my-self a positive point.

5) Important certifications like CFA, CPA, FSA, or CA.
Nothing great but have done few in last 10 years
CPIM from APICS
PMP from PMI
Some technical certifications

6) Your target programs.
I need your help. I am looking for 1 year full-time programs which can add value to my career.
I would like to continue my job in SCM/Operations domain.

7) When you plan to apply? Please specify round and application cycle, for example R1 2013-14 or R3 2012-13.
R1 2013-14

8) Your post-MBA goal.
To be in a role (such as Director Operations in a Mfg company, IT Consulting company) where I would get a chance to innovate the business processes.

Have you considered the Sloan Fellows programs at MIT Sloan, Stanford, and LBS? These are one-year full-time programs for people in middle management aiming for senior management. They usually require at least 10 years of work experience. Check them out.

If you want to look into full-time traditional two-year programs and you do earn that 740, consider MIT, Kellogg, Ross, CMU Tepper, and Wharton. If your GMAT doesn't go up, consider CMU Tepper, Ross, Purdue, Penn State, Michigan State, UT, and Indiana Kelley.

Best,
Linda

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog