I need some help about my profile.
Pool: Turkish Male
Academic Background:Economics-among best universities in Turkey
- Captain of high school basketball team
- Captain of college basketball team
GMAT:720 (Q49 V39)
- 2 years audit experience at PwC Istanbul
- 2 years transaction services and corporate finance experience at PwC Istanbul
- Manager title within 4 years
- Leaded many projects and engagements
- Exceptional teamwork and management skills
- Outstanding references from senior partners of the company
-Stern, Haas, Wharton
Because of my low GPA, i don' t have any clear idea about which schools should I aim for. Almost all the top schools have a minimum GPA of 3.00/4.00 criteria.
Given my low GPA, are those target programs realistic for me?
Thanks in advanceç
Your background is interesting and you come from a relatively under-represented country, so you still do have a chance among the top programs, in my opinion. I would recommend that you include things like your class rank (if it places you in the top half of the class or higher) and any circumstances that contributed to the low GPA. I also believe you should apply to a diversity of programs (not just the top 10) to improve your chances of acceptance. Keep your essays focused less on the audit experience and more on the corporate finance and managerial role as well.
Jennifer Bloom, CPRW
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog