I will apply to a couple of programs during the following weeks and would be glad to get your point of view on my profile:
Age at matriculation: 27
Nationality: Eastern Europe
1) Brief description of your full-time work experience. What do you do?
I work as a Commodity Trader in Western Europe. Have been a trader assistant for 1.5years and have been promoted as a Trader a couple of moth ago (firm specialized in petroleum products). (i will have ca. 3 years of professional experience at matriculation + 8 months of internships)
2) Your GMAT.
680 (Q48/V35) but i plan to retake in 3 weeks to improve the verbal part and get 710+
3) College info: The name of the college, your GPA or grade average, your major, year of graduation. For any graduate degrees, please provide the same info. If you grades are low, please indicate if there were extenuating circumstances.
Graduated from a EU B+level business school (master in management) with average grades
4) Significant college and post-college extra-curricular activities or community service, especially leadership experience.
2 years as an active member in a student organization / lot of spot (running/marathons)
5) Important certifications like CFA, CPA, FSA, or CA.
6) Your target programs.
Dream Schools: Columbia / Booth / Kellogg / Wharton / LBS
7) When you plan to apply? Please specify round and application cycle, for example R1 2013-14 or R3 2012-13.
I plan to apply ED at Columbia & R1 2014 to the other programs i mentioned above
8) Your post-MBA goal.
Investment banking or M&A
I also speak fluently 3 languages and am learning a fourth one / I lived in 3 different countries,
I would be grateful if you could give me a feedback on my chances !
Thank you in advance