Joined: 11 Aug 2013
GMAT 1: 740 Q44 V46
, given: 0
Profile Evaluation/Reality Check (weak WE/740 GMAT) [#permalink]
11 Aug 2013, 15:58
Personal: 26 y/o, White, Male
1) Work Experience at time of application:- 26 months full-time experience in the IT arm of a Fortune 5 company based in the US. Responsible for developing an integrated system to deal with billions of dollars in transactions and government regulation reporting (both state and federal). I have also led two Lean Six Sigma projects that reduced SOX compliance exposure and audit risk, and will be Green Belt certified within the next six months.
Is this too weak to get into Haas PT program?
2) GMAT: 740 (44Q/46V)
Should I take it again to boost my Q? My only pre-test prep was a practice test, I'm confident that I could get the Q up if I took a prep course. Academic history in quant subjects is decent, not spectacular.
3) College/Undergrad info
- Brigham Young University class of 2011
- BS in Management Information Systems
- 3.73 GPA
- Lived in Argentina for 2 years as a volunteer, coordinating dozens of humanitarian aid projects with local schools, neighborhoods, churches, parks, and hospitals/international medical missions
- Volunteer peer tutor at BYU
- BSA Assistant Scoutmaster
5) Certifications: None
6) Target program: Haas Part-Time MBA program
*Employer will pay 75% of tuition. Other San Francisco Bay Area schools (Leavey, St. Mary's) are also an option, but Haas is my goal
7) Application round:R2 (Jan) for 2014 start
8) Post-MBA industry: Technology, focus on emerging tech and business impacts/adoption
Thanks for your insight!