Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Oct 2014, 21:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile evaluation request

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Profile evaluation request [#permalink] New post 31 Jul 2011, 04:04
I am looking forward to pursue MBA from top 10 schools. Presently I am working with Big4 Consulting in New Delhi, India as Principal Consultant/Manager and will be taking GMAT in September 2011.I am sharing a brief about my profile and I am looking for the feedback and GMAT score range which will help me in getting a shot at Ivy League.Target schools are LBS,INSEAD,Harvard,Stanford,Columbia and Tuck.

I have done B.Tech from NIT Trichy (CGPA 6.71/10) and worked with IBM Global Business Services before joining PwC Consulting. With close to 6 years of work experience, I have led several teams in IBM as well as PwC Consulting to deliver some of the complex assignments in India, USA, Kurdistan, Oman and Bangladesh.

As part my responsibilities, in the very beginning of my career itself I got an opportunity to work with senior leadership team of IBM Global Business Services to deliver a project from scratch which is helping in efficient management of more than 80000 employees.

In PwC Consulting I have been awarded two out of turn promotions and I am one of the youngest Managers working in the organization. Reporting directly to the Partner and global leader of Government transformation team I have traveled across India and some other developing countries to support senior most officials in high impact initiatives.

As a student I was co-founder of a technical festival which is one of the largest festivals in India as on date and has got a mention in Guinness Book of World Records as well. As a core team member of alumni association I am part of founding team of two big regional chapters of association and have organized several events. I did get recommendation letter from Director of Institute to pursue higher studies in management in 2005 when i graduated.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 563 [0], given: 30

Re: Profile evaluation request [#permalink] New post 01 Aug 2011, 11:22
Expert's post
Okay man,
Two out of turn promotions is gonna look mighty good there. One of the profiles that B-schools love the most is what we call "the shooting star" - lots of promotions, very quickly. It shows that you are gonna be someone.

Secondly, and obviously a lot will depend on your GMAT score. But you already know that, soooo I won't nag you about that :)

Other than that, there are other factors to look at, most importantly: Leadership. And usually we try to get more than leadership in a matrix, but some real hardcore people leading, whether it be at work or at another place (i.e. school, church, sports team, etc.) We just gotta show them that you are the type of person who knows how to do this. That you are a natural.

Other than that two factors that can change things are a) your age b) how much community service you got.

I hope this helps answer your questions!

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!