Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Nov 2014, 00:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile evaluation request

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Profile evaluation request [#permalink] New post 01 Sep 2011, 18:35
Hello,

I have a first class degree in Business and Management from Top-20 UK Universities. Also during my studies I prepared a Business plan, pitched it to Angel Investors (a registered one), obtained funding, turned a profit, kept records, payed taxes and currently in the process of selling the company. The product is electronic advertisement screen. GMAT to be given next month, but I am optimistic to get 700+.

Extra-curricular activities - Nothing much in University except a few rock climbing expeditions. But during high school, I gained a Certified Rock Climbing Instructor qualification and assisted 300+ students through 50+ climbs and expeditions.

My main interest lies in entrepreneurship and after my masters I want to join a start up company whose idea I believe in.

Do you think MIM will serve well for students interested in entrepreneurship? Is it easy to get in touch with good start up companies after the course?

Also will my entrepreneurship experience be treated as an extracurricular activity by the admission team?

With my profile will I be able to make a competitive application to top-5 MIM schools?

Also if I start another company now and after working for 3-4 years sell it and than get MBA. Will the entrepreneurship experience (and NOT a regular job) reduce my chances of being accepted in top MBA in UK?

What MIM colleges would you suggest me? My dream school is LBS.
Thanx for doing this.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 46

Kudos [?]: 584 [1] , given: 30

Re: Profile evaluation request [#permalink] New post 02 Sep 2011, 22:54
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Hey there chimp!
Well you certainly have a great profile for the MiM, as you have more work experience than most with your idea and company you sold. Actually I wonder if you don't have enough experience that you might want to just apply for a regular MBA. It's something to consider. I think that an MiM can definitely help you reach the goals you mentioned, and with your profile you should be preeeeeetty competitive.

Here's a useful link for ya!

http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolra ... management

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: Profile evaluation request [#permalink] New post 02 Sep 2011, 23:36
Thank you for the prompt response. If MBA is a possibility from a good University (Not necessarily the best of the best) than I would love to pursue MBA.

If I fix a initial appointment with you and than buy what ever is the admission package you offer ,would you be able to guide me through the entire process for UK schools?

Cheers!!
Expert Post
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 46

Kudos [?]: 584 [0], given: 30

Re: Profile evaluation request [#permalink] New post 03 Sep 2011, 22:16
Expert's post
Sure thing! Give us a ring or send us an email and we'll get you started!

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!