Joined: 02 Nov 2011
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
, given: 1
Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink]
13 Nov 2011, 19:50
I am a 24 year old Indian female, will be 25 at matriculation. Applying to Kellogg, Wharton, Columbia, and NYU Stern. My summary profile is below:
Personal background: Born in the US, moved to India at the age of 8, moved back to the US at 14, been here ever since, but visit India every year. Fluent in Hindi and English (oral and written) and intermediate in Spanish. 13 years of professional training in Indian classical dance.
Post MBA Goal: Strategic Development at a Technology firm. Especially interested in exploring international growth opportunities.
Undergrad: BS in Business Administration (Finance) and additional major in Statistics from Carnegie Mellon University
GPA: 3.45/4.00 (1st Yr: 2.99 / 2nd: 3.70 / 3rd: 3.73 / 4th: 3.40)
GMAT (taken only once): 730 (V: 92% / Q: 85% / AWA: 6.0)
Work experience: 36 months at matriculation
Investment Banking at a bulge bracket firm in New York as an analyst
- Provide equity capital raising solutions to clients across the Energy, Power, Industrial, and Technology sectors
- Received a third year promotion offer, which I accepted
- Only analyst chosen to lead analyst and intern recruiting and training efforts
- Two additional internships held previously: one at the firm I am currently employed at, and another previously at a competing bank
Extracurriculars in Undergrad:
- Resident Assistant, responsible for 40 residents.
- Extensive involvement in the Carnegie Mellon Business Association. 3 years of leadership in various roles
- Teaching assistant positions held for three years in both the Business and Statistics departments
- Member of an immigrant outreach program - helped refugee families adjust to life in Pittsburgh
- Post graduation, some volunteer work with the New York Cares, but not too extensive.
Awards and Recognitions:
- Senior Leadership Recognition Award at Carnegie Mellon
- Second place winner in the Tepper Internal Case competition
- Honorary award for research on Early Pancreatic Cancer Detection
- National Title in the "We the People: Citizen and Constitution" program senior year of high school. Continuation into undergrad as we were asked to present at a national conference to civic educators and to a Supreme Court Justice
Thank you very much for your time and help!!