Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 12 Jul 2014, 13:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile evaluation request

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile evaluation request [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2013, 17:40
I am planning to take up the GMAT in a couple of months and expect a score in the
range of 700-720 based on current mock tests.

Profile:
Work Exp:
1 yr as Business Analyst for a top 15 management consulting firm in Portland,Oregon.
Analyst and back end consulting in healthcare consulting.

1 yr as (Technical) Solutions Consultant for a small but famous internet
technology company in India.

2.5 yrs as a software engineer for a famous and huge IT services firm in India

3 month summer internship at a famous retail and grocery firm on
IT systems and inventory management at Phoenix, AZ

2 months as a research aide for process improvement for CT machine imaging at a top hospital in Phoenix, AZ

Education:
M.S. Industrial Engineering and Applied Statistics, Arizona State University GPA-3.4
B.S. Mechanical Engineering, VTU, Bangalore, India Grade- 68%(approx 3.5 in US GPA system)

Certifications:
Six sigma green belt (by coursework at Arizona State University)

Extracurricular:
Nothing special but planning to work with Portland Community Service.
Soccer and table tennis at undergraduate college level.

I would be grateful if you could schools you could suggest I should apply to.
Typically looking at Asia Pacific-Singapore(INSEAD,NUS) , Melbourne Business School and ISB in India.
Other options would be US, Europe(INSEAD,Said),
Interested in careers in consulting post MBA. Preferable healthcare consulting or other process improvement projects.
I will be 30 when I enter B-school and interested in going back to Asia.

Am I at a disadvantage with my age and a prior masters degree?
I have had just a year of work-ex post my masters degree. Would that be a hindrance?
How good are my chances in Asia Pacific?
Also how would you rate my chances at US B-schools(Not considering top 5 H/S/W/).

Please suggest.
Thank you !!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Followers: 34

Kudos [?]: 121 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile evaluation request [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2013, 10:11
Expert's post
Your chances for getting into a good school should prove favorable. THe Masters' degree is a plus not a minus. The only way a grad degree would be a minus is if it were an MBA. Most schools won't let you get two MBA degrees. Your grad degree will also count towards your experience, but your age and relatively light number of years WE may leave the Adcom wondering what you did with all that time. I wouldn't worry about age as long as you can account for all the time (whether it be work or school). Having favorable recommendations will help and the fact you have worked in the US will be a plus. I would say with a good GMAT score, you should have a shot at your target schools as long as you have a well written application---your story should resonate with the adcoms since you have consulting experience already and your plan is to remain in that industry. Your chances in Asia-Pacific are best if you have a post MBA plan to work there and can demonstrate a propensity for achieveing success in that arena.

Bryant Michaels
Veritas Prep | Admissions Consultant

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews