Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Aug 2014, 00:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation Request

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Operations
Schools: Boston U '15
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V30
GPA: 2.99
WE: Other (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2013, 05:45
Hello,

I am a 28 year-old Asian-American who was born in the US, but spent most of my childhood in Taiwan, moved back to the US since high school. Attended a state university in Florida, graduated in 2008, B.S. degree in finance. I moved to Boston upon graduation and have been working in the area ever since, am now considering getting a MBA. Would you please evaluate my profile ?

Undergrad.
2.95 GPA up warding trend, 3.3 Major GPA
Major- Finance

GMAT-
Took in 2010, 660, Q49 V30

Work Experience-
Interned oversea as a fixed income analyst for 2 summers. Worked in back office as mutual fund/hedge fund accountant for close to 2 years at a large custodian bank, and my career strangely shifted to an IT-related job, currently employed as a Quality Assurance Analyst at a small to medium size public company (listed on Euronext Paris), only about 150 employees in the US, 900+ globally. Even though my title is QA Analyst, the job function overlaps a lot with Business Analysts, I was involved in program designs and have led a couple small projects, I have been on the current position for 2.5 years.

Passed CFA level II exam last summer, currently not enrolled for LIII exam, but I will be next year.

EC-
Done some volunteer work for New England Taiwanese Student Association.

Post MBA goal -
Would really like to break into consulting, or shift my career back to the finance track

Target Schools-
McCombs (maybe a little pushing?), UNC, Boston University, Boston College, Georgetown, is it possible that I can consider schools above this ranking range, and do you suggest any schools that might be a good fit for me?

Thank you,
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 42

Kudos [?]: 499 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2013, 03:50
Expert's post
First of all I want to commend you on your school list which is a nice compromise between excellent programs and ones that fir your background. I think you might even be able to add one or two schools on your list that would be greater challenges than what you have - I'm thinking NYU and Johnson, both of which might be tough with your grade/GMAT combo, but still you might have a shot, and you might as well take it.

The other thing that I'm thinking of (and I guess you know this) is that if you think you can score higher, a GMAT retake is probably worth it. even 20 points can make a difference, and anything 30+ points will make a HUGE difference.

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!