1) Brief description of your full-time work experience. What do you do?
Been working in recruiting for over at year at a small boutique firm that specializes in luxury and fashion. Previously worked in PR for over a year before switching industries.
2) Your GMAT: 500- aware that it's low and plan to address in essays. Took a second time and did worse
but am still looking to apply by fall deadline
3) College info: The name of the college, your GPA or grade average, your major, year of graduation. For any graduate degrees, please provide the same info. If you grades are low, please indicate if there were extenuating circumstances.
St. Lawrence University, 3.2 GPA, History major, graduated in 2010
4) Significant college and post-college extra-curricular activities or community service, especially leadership experience.
Very active in my sorority- was Social Chair, Assistant Social chair, Philanthropy memeber, Communications Chair on Panhellenic Council, member Panhellenic, Council, Tutored for school children for two years, Rape advocate/crisis counselor, National Society of leadership and success member. Currently part on boards of two charities as Marketing Chairs.
5) Important certifications like CFA, CPA, FSA, or CA.:
6) Your target programs.
NYU, Fordham, Zicklin, Lubin
7) When you plan to apply? Please specify round and application cycle, for example R1 2013-14 or R3 2012-13: R2 for F 2013 for Zicklin and Fordham, R1 for NYU and Pace
8) Your post-MBA goal: My goal is to grow with my current company. It is a small firm less than ten years old and I am looking to become Director of Business Development and ultimately a member of the executive team as the years progress. As I have a liberal arts degree, obtaining an MBA is a key part to my professional aspirations in the business field.