A brief of my profile:
Age: 34 years
GMAT: Yet to appear
Graduation: B. Sc (H) Physics in 1998
PGDM: Distance learning programme-2 years duration-in 2002
Work Experience: 7 years of Sales experience in FMCG companies at the executive level and 2-1/2 years in media company at managerial level
• Community Service through the CSR activities of my company - Organized blood donation camps, etc.
• An active event organizer throughout my life - right from school till today. Was a member of Organizing Committee for Annual Tech. & Cultural fest at college.
Looking forward to an Executive MBA programme from IIMs, ISB as I feel that I am stuck as far as my professional growth is concerned.
I am skeptical in the following areas:
1. Am I eligible for GMAT? If I do, I expect to get 720-730. Should I devote my next 3-4 months on GMAT?
2. Do I have the USP to get into the programs mentioned above, considering I don't have excellent academic as well as work profile? Request you to do the thorough evaluation of my profile and suggest if I should go for it?
3. What schools should I focus on?
Looking forward to a positive response.
Thanks for your post to answer your questions:
1) If you pay the fee and show up at the right time, you're eligible to take the GMAT. I don't know if it is required for your target programs. If it is required, you shoudl prepare for it. I can't advise you how much time you need. That varies from individual to individual.
2) The information you provided above is way too superficial and general to provide a USP. The USP would come from elements of your profile that you don't share with much of your competition. The fact that you aren't an IT engineer is somewhat distinctive.
3) I am not familiar enough with the IIMS to comment.
I'm sorry I can't be of more help with your specific questions. However, if you are interested in an EMBA program, please see Applying to Top EMBA Programs.
Accepted ~ The Premier Admissions Consultancy
Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog