Status: INSEAD - my dream school !! :-D
Joined: 08 Jul 2011
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)
, given: 2
Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink]
21 May 2013, 02:58
Please evaluate my profile - Specific questions are at the end
GMAT: 740 (Q50, V39, AWA 4.5, IR 6)
WORK EXPERIENCE: July 2010 - Present (2 years 11 months)
Working as Drilling Fluids Field Engineer for one of the top 3 oilfield products and service providers in the world.
• Managed delivery of drilling fluids products & services in 20 Oil & Gas exploration projects with median drilling fluids budget of $500,000.
• Responsibilities included but not limited to drilling fluids formulation and management, daily reporting & costing, inventory & contingency management and ensuring adherence to HSE standards.
• Worked on offshore & onshore drilling sites in multiple countries viz. Papua New Guinea, Oman, Bangladesh, Gulf of Thailand, Bangladesh & India for elite national and international energy companies. Worked with multinational personnel in culturally diverse, highly dynamic and often harsh work environs.
• Attended professional training courses in USA along with engineers and managers from multiple nationalities.
• Successfully led teams of 10 or more members of local drilling crews as drilling fluids site supervisor.
• Trained and assessed junior field engineers and technology scientists in the area of rig operations management.
Achievements at Work:
• Successfully tested two new technologies for 2 different clients on rig site which increased oil well production, and also increased revenue for my company.
• As a presenter in the Know Your PSL sessions, educated company Business Development team about drilling and completion fluids, niche technology, customer challenges, market limitations etc. and helped in the development of business expansion strategy in India.
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
• Optimized resources & strategically modified shop floor layout using KAIZEN methodology for a CNG & LPG Kits manufacturer. Implemented standard safety norms at shop floors and imparted operational training to workers. This resulted in decreased in-process inventory, safer working conditions and 30% increment in plant productivity.
• Developed market entry & distribution strategy for a local Speed Limiting Device manufacturer. Led to 40% sales escalation by incorporation of OEMs, vehicle retailer tie-ups and setup of 3 retro fitting centers.
• As convener, led a team of 100 students to organize the annual cultural festival of my undergraduate school. Arranged a total sponsorship of $ 60,000 for the festival, which recorded a footfall of 20,000 over 4 days.
• Served as Public Relations Coordinator of a non-profit organization aimed at creating awareness against terrorism.
• As Head of Student Council in senior high school, organized various cultural, academic and sports events and represented school at national level.
• Also, gave private mathematics tuition to make ends meet while in college. Basically worked my way through college doing any job I could get my hands at.
Bachelor Of Engg., Manufacturing Processes & Automation from one of the top 8 engineering institutes of India. SCORE - 75%, Top 15% of the class.
Class XII - 91% - Merit Scholarship
Class X - 95 % - All India Rank #16, Merit Scholarship.
Harvard (2014-16 Batch) September
ISB, India (2014-15 Batch) April
INSEAD, France (2015 Batch) January
ESADE, Spain (2015-16 Batch)
IESE, Spain (2015-16 Batch)
POST MBA GOALS
The reason for MBA is that I want to expedite my career in the Oil & Gas sector. Post MBA, I have 3 choices (in order of preference) of what I would like to do to:
1. Work for Oil & Gas major operator like Chevron, BP, Exxon Mobil or Repsol etc. in a O&G operations(drilling fluids) management role.
2. Work in the Oil & Gas practice of consulting firms like McKinsey, Bain, BCG etc.
3. Work as a operations consultant for a Oil & Gas service company. (I would be happy to go back to the company I am working for now, though overseas).
1. Europe - Concerned about job availability for international students.
2. USA - Though not too inclined to go for 2 yr programs. Would only go if I get more than 70% scholarship.
3. India - ISB, Lower investment, but lower rewards. Will definitely try though.
1. General Evaluation of my profile.
2. My chances at my target schools?
3. Based on my post MBA goals, please suggest more target schools and also advice whether my current target schools are the right choice. I am still not able to identify the schools I should apply to
4. Considering the financial conditions and reducing no. of employment visas being granted in Europe, is a huge invetment worth it?
Thanks & Regards,