Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 11:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation Request

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink] New post 01 Aug 2013, 08:58
Hi,

Below is my profile. With only two months to go for deadlines of round 1 applications,I wanted to get a reality check on which colleges I should focus on and have a good chance of getting in.

Nationality: Indian
Undergraduate: BE in Computer Science
Year of Graduation: 2011
GPA: 3.0
GMAT: 710 (attempting again in early Sep)
Full-Time Work Ex (as on 1st Aug'13): 2 years and 2 months
MBA Programs of Interest: Two year full time MBA at the following schools:
* Kellogg
* Haas
* Ross
* Emory

I work in a professional services firm (global revenue >US$25 billion). In the two years with the firm, I worked as a core team member of the apex body in one of the lines of service installing new systems to bring the Indian territory to the standard of global best practices. We drove initiatives with the global leadership to position the Indian firm in order to mitigate risk and capitalize on the dynamic economic factors in the Indian market. I project managed initiatives that were of strategic significance for a high performance culture. I worked directly under a senior partner for other projects. The areas of my work include strategy, operational effectiveness, HR and finance. I was also involved in business development and market entry strategy for a proposition that has very strong implications in the Indian market. I have very strong recommendations from both my senior partner and the director in my team.

I was selected for the Royal Mathematics Masterclasses, Trinity Hall, University of Cambridge (this however was during my school days). In terms of life beyond work, I taught underprivileged children from the age group 6-12 for two years (this was during evenings after my school hours). I am associated with Women and Child Human Rights campaign. I achieved the National Bronze Level in English Basketball Association. I am also an active member of Toastmasters.

Post MBA, I want to stay in Consulting focusing on strategy and change management roles.

Although I have an engineering degree, I have always worked in management consulting.

Here is where I need some guidance:
1. Is it realistic for me to target the colleges mentioned?
2. Which category (strong/ medium/ weak) would my profile fit in the colleges of my choice?
3. Is there an area that needs more focus. Should I wait another year and improve on those weaker areas (I however am very keen to apply this year)?
4. Are there schools in top 20 (which I have not mentioned) which I should target instead where I have a better chance of getting in?
5. If I have to narrow down on two colleges for round 1, which two would you suggest.

Really appreciate you taking time out to reply and Thank You for your guidance.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes