1) Brief description of your full-time work experience. What do you do?
I am a Merchandise Analyst at a large US retail firm (Quantitative Analysis of product assortment). Would have 32 mo. of work experience upon starting classes. Have Experience mentoring younger employees.
2) Your GMAT.
710 (42Q 44V) (2nd attempt)
3) College info: The name of the college, your GPA or grade average, your major, year of graduation. For any graduate degrees, please provide the same info. If you grades are low, please indicate if there were extenuating circumstances.
B.S. Economics with Math Minor, Michigan State - 3.5 GPA; 3.7 Econ GPA, 3.5 Math GPA
4) Significant college and post-college extra-curricular activities or community service, especially leadership experience.
Intercollegiate Club Rifle team, "World Class" competitive Percussion Ensemble and Committee Chairman of local Alumni Association
5) Important certifications like CFA, CPA, FSA, or CA.
6) Your target programs. Please note that my experience is with the top MBA programs (FT, PT, EMBA, Sloan Fellows) around the world. If the programs you are targeting are not listed here, I may not respond due to lack of time.
7) When you plan to apply? Please specify round and application cycle, for example R1 2013-14 or R3 2012-13.
8) Your post-MBA goal.
I would like to be a controller/CFO at a F500 long-term; audit accountant at big 4 short term. Would concentrate in Finance/Accounting and take CPA during school.
An additional Q if I may: Will schools look poorly on my quant score even though I have a high math GPA?