Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Jul 2014, 21:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile evaluation request

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 27

Profile evaluation request [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2013, 05:18
Hello Experts and everyone on the forum,

Must say you all a re doing a commendable job out here.

I request you all to please evaluate my profile and help me decide a school:

I scored a 650 In GMAT (Q-50,V-28)
AWA- 6.0 (Hope it compensates the low Verbal score)

I am targetting for ISB in India and some good schools in US (Havent decided on them yet)

I have a 3 years work experience in IT ; Certified in SAP technology.

Have held few reputable positions in my college in terms of fests, external affairs etc.

I am running pretty short on time as deadlines are fast approaching .

Appreciate your quick and insightful response to help me out here.

Cheers
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile evaluation request [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2013, 20:05
Expert's post
Thanks much for your appreciative comments.

First, assuming you are Indian, I would consider ISB a very high reach given your GMAT, perhaps too high to be realistic.

Among US programs, reasonable-reach programs would be in the range of Vanderbilt’s Owen, University of Maryland’s Smith, and Rochester’s Simon. Examples of on-pars would be University of Iowa’s Tippie and Penn State’s Smeal. You may also consider excellent Canadian programs (e.g., Schulich) which tend to be less GMAT-centric.

I make this assessment with very scant info—e.g., how impressive are your career track record and undergrad record? It assumes a good-to-strong record in both areas.

I’ve put together a special report on how to evaluate your profile and develop a list of target schools accordingly, which may be helpful.

Cindy Tokumitsu
Senior Advisor, Accepted
310-815-9553
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile evaluation request [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2013, 22:18
Hello Dear,
Welcome . and such a great future of you ..I think ISB provide you a great opportunity in this field...
If you want to settle down in abroad..then US is the most appropriate county as per your choice..and Stanford University is the best in one ..
so give your carrier a right direction.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 27

Re: Profile evaluation request [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2013, 10:30
CindyTAccepted wrote:
Thanks much for your appreciative comments.

First, assuming you are Indian, I would consider ISB a very high reach given your GMAT, perhaps too high to be realistic.

Among US programs, reasonable-reach programs would be in the range of Vanderbilt’s Owen, University of Maryland’s Smith, and Rochester’s Simon. Examples of on-pars would be University of Iowa’s Tippie and Penn State’s Smeal. You may also consider excellent Canadian programs (e.g., Schulich) which tend to be less GMAT-centric.

I make this assessment with very scant info—e.g., how impressive are your career track record and undergrad record? It assumes a good-to-strong record in both areas.

I’ve put together a special report on how to evaluate your profile and develop a list of target schools accordingly, which may be helpful.

Thanks for the comments... I would like to add up few things if these can help give a better info about me:

I have been managing a company alongside my engineering..it is a small scale heavy machinery company wherein I manage a team of about ten people under me and define the contracts and tenders of the company.

Secondly, during my engineering i used to conduct vocational classes for students in a charity school for 4 years wherein i was teaching english and mathematics.

I also have got a 3 months internship at a IT Company in Dubai during my undergrad and was the chief of external affairs of my college lastly.

But yes, My dad is not the minister of Finance.

Do the above points coupled with solid essays add fairly enough to my profile or u think it would be pure waste of time to even apply ?

Appreciate your quick response :)
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile evaluation request [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2013, 14:03
Expert's post
The additional info does enhance your profile. I still think ISB would be a stretch, but slightly closer – I’d now consider it a reasonable (outer edge, but reasonable) reach, with a stellar application.

Cindy Tokumitsu
Senior Advisor, Accepted
310-815-9553
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog