Kindly evaluate my profile:
Nationality : Indian
Age: 241. Work experience
I've completed 2.5 years as an Analyst at Deloitte Consulting. My prime focus has been on customizing and implementing Business Intelligence tools for Fortune 500 companies, helping them make their Financial Planning and Consolidation functions more efficient. I'm primed to get my first promotion (to the Consultant level) in August next year. I've exceeded expectations in all my projects and have received appreciation in the form of awards.2. GMAT
720 (IR - 8, AWA - awaited).3. Educational Background
Majored in Computer Engineering from Delhi College of Engineering (top 10 engineering school in India) in 2011. My college doesn't use the GPA system; I scored 70% overall. The topper of my class scored 80%. I'd have been in the top 30% of my class.4. Extra-curricular activities
1. Captain of University Football and Badminton teams - Won at many Universities across India including IITs.
2. Founding member of Quizzing club at college, member of Entrepreneurship Cell and Master of Ceremony for its Annual Summit.
3. At work, I've led 200 professionals in a program to spread awareness about and help preserve Delhi's heritage and monuments, as a part of the firm-wide CSR initiative.
4. I'm also a part of the Industry Focus Group, which focuses at imparting domain knowledge of various client industries to our co-workers. Within that, I lead the Communications, Quizzing and Finance Knowledge areas.
5. Active member of Greenpeace.org's India chapter.
6. Part-time advisor and content developer for two early-stage startups (one online quizzing platform and one transportation logistics company).
I'm also learning Spanish (although I don't think that counts).5. Important certifications
I'm a CFA Level 2 candidate for June '14. I hope to have cleared L2 by the time I apply for graduate school in Sept/Oct 2014.
In addition to this, I have completed many finance-oriented courses from Wharton, Yale and HEC Paris with distinction, on Coursera.6. Target programs
My target FT MBA programs for R1 in 2014-15 are: Stern, Tuck, Darden, Ross, Anderson, Duke.7. Post-MBA goal
Most of my work centers around Corporate Financial Planning and Management Reporting (with main focus on IT) and I've been building domain knowledge by way of the CFA and online courses. But I want to graduate full time to Investment Banking/Investment Management. An MBA will provide me, among other things, the right opportunities. 3 important questions:
1. I feel that my GMAT is on the lower side, considering that I belong to the over-represented Indian-Male-Engineer group. I had been scoring in the 750+ region on mock MGMAT and GMATPrep exams. Do you think there is value in retaking the exam in the hope of getting a 750+?
2. I see that you advise candidates to worry more about creating a GOOD application. Is it possible for you to give me some pointers on how to get started in this regard?
3. Does having a H1-B work visa improve one's chances?
Your review will be of immense help!