Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 16:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation Request

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2014, 00:51
Hi,

I am planning to apply in R1 this year. Below are my profile details.

Nationality: Indian
Gender: Female
GMAT: 690 (Q47 V38 IR5 AWA4)

I am an engineer working with a telecom giant and have a total experience of about 4 years ( will complete 4 years in June 2014). I also have an onsite work experience of about 6 months in the US for a project in which I was in lead position. My job profile involves a lot of customer interaction. I have also been appreciated for my work a lot of times.

Acads:
Class 10th: 87%
Class 12th: 82.66%
College (Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University): 73.5%

Extra Curricular: Coordinated technical and cultural fests in my college
Associated with an NGO that works for women emancipation in India
Amateur Guitar player ( still learning :) )

My target colleges are:

1) ISB (dream college :) )
2) NUS
3)NTU
4) Tepper
5) Said Business School
6) Cambridge
7) Georgetown
8) Rotman
9) UNC
10) UCLA

Thanks in advance!!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Admissionado
User avatar
Joined: 30 Nov 2009
Posts: 3041
Location: Chicago, IL
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 42

Kudos [?]: 496 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2014, 08:18
Expert's post
swat88 wrote:
Hi,

I am planning to apply in R1 this year. Below are my profile details.

Nationality: Indian
Gender: Female
GMAT: 690 (Q47 V38 IR5 AWA4)

I am an engineer working with a telecom giant and have a total experience of about 4 years ( will complete 4 years in June 2014). I also have an onsite work experience of about 6 months in the US for a project in which I was in lead position. My job profile involves a lot of customer interaction. I have also been appreciated for my work a lot of times.

Acads:
Class 10th: 87%
Class 12th: 82.66%
College (Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University): 73.5%

Extra Curricular: Coordinated technical and cultural fests in my college
Associated with an NGO that works for women emancipation in India
Amateur Guitar player ( still learning :) )

My target colleges are:

1) ISB (dream college :) )
2) NUS
3)NTU
4) Tepper
5) Said Business School
6) Cambridge
7) Georgetown
8) Rotman
9) UNC
10) UCLA

Thanks in advance!!


Hey there Mademoiselle!


Thanks for dropping by. Sooo you seem to have some quite good stuff in your profile, buuuut it's a little bit hard to evaluate your profile cause I am missing a LOT of detail, especially about your work experience, like what did you DO? Do you have any LEADERSHIP? what were your greatest achievements? Any promotions? How many??? I have to say though, that I am missing a whole bunch of specific information to give you a more precise evaluation, and for that I'd suggest you fill out our form (which asks all the right questions) for a free consultation:
http://admissionado.com/mba/free-consultation/

Best,
JF
_________________

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Jul 2013
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2014, 09:17
Hi,
I need a profile evaluation.Need inputs and sugestions.

GMAT Score : 680 (V 38, Q 45)
Masters: 7.67 GPA
Engineering 75%
XII: 79%
X 83%.

I am an Engineer with 2 yrs full course MBA...I am looking for 1 year MBA course preferably in the field of consultancy, strategy and General Management.

Here is brief snapshot of my profile.

10 yrs of B2B Sales and Operations ex.

Research Work on Industry Innovation and Product Penetration.
Consumer Behavior Project with Media Labs Asia.
Senate Member in College.
President of COSHA(Committee of student hostel Affairs)
Member of Rotaract club, 1998-2001
Won Multiple Debate and Quiz Competition.

Target School: Insead, LBS, Kellogs, IE, Said

Long term goal: Domain Consultant, Strategic consultancy

Looking forward for suggestions.
Expert Post
Admissionado
User avatar
Joined: 30 Nov 2009
Posts: 3041
Location: Chicago, IL
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 42

Kudos [?]: 496 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2014, 23:33
Expert's post
login2kk wrote:
Hi,
I need a profile evaluation.Need inputs and sugestions.

GMAT Score : 680 (V 38, Q 45)
Masters: 7.67 GPA
Engineering 75%
XII: 79%
X 83%.

I am an Engineer with 2 yrs full course MBA...I am looking for 1 year MBA course preferably in the field of consultancy, strategy and General Management.

Here is brief snapshot of my profile.

10 yrs of B2B Sales and Operations ex.

Research Work on Industry Innovation and Product Penetration.
Consumer Behavior Project with Media Labs Asia.
Senate Member in College.
President of COSHA(Committee of student hostel Affairs)
Member of Rotaract club, 1998-2001
Won Multiple Debate and Quiz Competition.

Target School: Insead, LBS, Kellogs, IE, Said

Long term goal: Domain Consultant, Strategic consultancy

Looking forward for suggestions.


Hey there,
Well a few things… first, it's better if you start your own thread when you make a profile request.. No big deal, but it just makes it easier for all to respond to their own posts only.

Secondly, ironic that you should post in this post, because I'll write you similarly to what I wrote her: I don't have enough information to give you a real evaluation:
How long did you work at those places? (meaning how long at each employer) How much WE do you have? What were your employers names? How old are you? what school did you graduate from? Where did you get your MBA from? Have any volunteer work???

Looooots of questions!!
_________________

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Jul 2013
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2014, 03:56
Hi John,

Pls find the details.

Total WE: 11yrs by april 2014
Work History:

Redington (2 yrs), Idea (2 yrs), Airtel (2 yrs)....currently with Aircel (4 + yrs)

Graduation School:

BE (Mechanical): Bhagalpur College of Engg.
MBA (S&M): IIT Kanpur

Age: 34.

Volunteer Work: Have been part of Rotaract Club and participated in blood donations camps.....Nothing much to boast abt.

Let me know, if you require some more info.
Expert Post
Admissionado
User avatar
Joined: 30 Nov 2009
Posts: 3041
Location: Chicago, IL
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 42

Kudos [?]: 496 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2014, 00:23
Expert's post
login2kk wrote:
Hi John,

Pls find the details.

Total WE: 11yrs by april 2014
Work History:

Redington (2 yrs), Idea (2 yrs), Airtel (2 yrs)....currently with Aircel (4 + yrs)

Graduation School:

BE (Mechanical): Bhagalpur College of Engg.
MBA (S&M): IIT Kanpur

Age: 34.

Volunteer Work: Have been part of Rotaract Club and participated in blood donations camps.....Nothing much to boast abt.

Let me know, if you require some more info.


Hey dude,
Got it! I could still use a lot more info about what you actually DID during those 11 years of work, but anyhow let's get started with what we have.

So the main things I can tell you from your profile
1. You are probably too old for US regular MBA programs
2. You are being a bit overly ambitious with your schools.

You have three tough points in your profile. 1. You are a bit on the older side 2. You already have an MBA 3. Your GMAT is okay but not amazing

Add that to the fact that you are an Indian/Male from a technical industry and it makes things yet more difficult. So I think that the most important thing first is to reconsider schools that would be more reasonable for your goals - meaning EMBA programs if they are relevant, and not tier 1, but tier 2 schools in Europe and Asia. I know you probably would have liked to hear something else, but I figure it's better to give you the straight deal now. So you can consider schools like HEC, Rotterdam, Hult, Warwisk, Bocconni, and so on..

Best,
JF
_________________

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Request for profile evaluation mst 2 29 Jan 2007, 19:12
Another profile evaluation request jside95 3 12 Jan 2007, 16:26
Request for Profile Evaluation ikaytas 1 12 Dec 2006, 07:55
Experts publish their posts in the topic Profile Evaluation Request Ethan 3 28 Apr 2006, 14:19
Experts publish their posts in the topic Profile Evaluation Request Ethan 4 28 Apr 2006, 14:17
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Profile Evaluation Request

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: JonAdmissionado



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.