Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Apr 2014, 09:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation Request

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2014, 09:47
Hi,

I am planning to apply for the 2015 cycle, preferably will submit applications in R1

Nationality: Indian
GMAT: 680 (Q49 V34 IR 7 AWA 4.5)

First of all let me start with the academics.

Class 10th: 82.8%
Class 12th: 88.4%
College (Engineering- Electronics and communication) : 86.16%
At college I was part of the managing committee of the Annual fests and was responsible for organizing them.
Participated and won quite a few tech and quiz competitions.

Community Service :
I was part of the Teach India team ( Here we teach spoken English for employment to underprivileged people) which is a Times Group initiative. I taught for 2 hours a day, 4 days a week for 6 months along side my regular job.

Professional Experience:

Work Ex : 4 years as on the day of this post.
Domain : Telecommunication
Company : Major Telecom Giant
Roles and Responsibilities : Primarily includes delivering telecom solutions (mostly RF related) to customers
1) I am currently the team lead of my team.
2) I have an onsite (U.S) experience of 6 months where in I was directly in interaction with the customer and was responsible to manage and deliver telecom solution by coordinating with 2 teams( 1 located in Spain and another in India)
3) After joining the company I have undergone 1 promotion.
4) I am an all-round performer an was felicitated with couple of awards within the organization.

Post MBA I would like to move on to consultancy.

My target colleges are:
1) NUS
2) ISB
3) Tepper
4) NTU
5) Said
6) Esade
7) Georgetown
8) Cambridge
9) Rotman

Appreciate your help and thanks in advance.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Followers: 33

Kudos [?]: 116 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2014, 07:55
Expert's post
Your profile is good, although it reads a bit "typical" of other Indian applicants so make sure you work on differentiating yourself against someone else with similar work experience who also is involved in their community. You can make your story come alive with details and passion especially if you get into why you do the things you do. Many applicants fail to articulate the why and it's in the why where you find the stuff which will best resonate with the adcoms. Since you have so much time, you might consider improving your GMAT score--it's a great score right now but your application pool is very crowded and even though you have a reasonable list of target schools, it makes sense to get as high a score as you can since the GMAT is the only real apples to apples comparison the adcoms have. Another area of differentiation for you is with leadership and international experience. The "typical" Indian applicant does not have so much work experience outside of India, nor in the US, so speak to how this experience has shaped your perspective in the application.

Bryant Michaels
Veritas Prep | Admissions Consultant

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews