Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 18:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation Request

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2014, 11:56
Hi, please evaluate my profile for the following schools:
Harvard
London Business School
INSEAD

Personal info
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Nationality: Canadian
Languages: English (native), Spanish (beginner), German (beginner)

Education
BSc. in Engineering from top Canadian University
GPA: 3.3/4.0 (cumulative); 3.6/4.0 (last 2 years of 4-year program)
GMAT: 730 (Q48/78th percentile, V42/96th percentile)
*Received largest scholarship in department based on leadership activities and academic achievement

Work Experience
2 years (3.5 yrs at time of planned entry) in project management at a national construction company with work across Canada (2000 employees, $2BB+ in annual revenue)
-recently promoted to Project Manager position (manage 20+ people daily, liaise with clients and sub-contractors, generate reports on project status)
-no international work experience.

Volunteer Experience
1) 4 years of volunteer experience with an international educational organization (including while I was in University)
-election to various committees and governance positions, shaping the future and vision of the organization
-founded volunteer clubs at post-secondary institutions across Canada for said organization
-planned / coordinated / MC'd international conferences with 100+ attendees

2) Founder of a NPO dedicated to leadership education for students from ages 18-21
-have raised $300,000 to date from corporate sponsors, government, and individual donors
-started an annual leadership conference for 50 students; coordinated with venue, accommodations, keynote speaker etc
-have given out $200,000 to date of raised funds in scholarships to student leaders

If I am missing any important information please let me know!

Thanks
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2014, 12:56
Expert's post
From the information provided, I believe you would be qualified for HBS and LBS; INSEAD is questionable considering that you’re on the young side for that program and also (at least so far) don’t bring international experience. Your stats are good (the somewhat low GPA shows a strong upward trend, which is important), and your work experience looks strong, especially the leadership/management aspect. A key missing element in your profile is your goals. The goals must fit (directly or indirectly) into the whole to create a coherent message/story/presentation.

Keep in mind, when I say you are qualified for HBS and LBS, I still consider them reaches.

Cindy Tokumitsu
Senior Advisor, Accepted
310-815-9553
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog