First of all, thank you for this service. I'm sort of cross-posting this, and I'm hoping that's OK. It seems to be how others are asking for these evaluations...
1) Work: I'm an environmental engineer and project manager at the #1/#2 (depends on the year) engineering consulting firm. I basically either work on or am in charge of teams put together on a project-by-project basis to address regulatory concerns and do design work. There’s also a smattering of due-diligence when our clients pursue acquisitions.
2) GMAT: 750 (q45, v48, IR8, assuming 6.0 AWA)
3) College: Notre Dame, 3.7, BS civil engineering, 2007. Graduate degree: MS analytics, 3.97, 2014 (part time)
4) Extra-curriculars: Unfortunately, my extra-curriculars don't really involve leadership. Initially after college I was caring for a sick parent, and then my time was spent working full-time with part-time graduate school and starting a small business (“hobbyist”-scale, but fun). I do mountaineering and fly fishing. I volunteer with my alumni group regularly, but not that frequently.
5) Credentials: Professional engineer
6) Targets: I would love to go to a Top 10, particularly Haas for the sustainable MBA
7) Timeline: I would like to apply R3 2013-2014 (i.e. now). I realize this is late, but I wanted to make sure I would finish my graduate thesis.
8) Post MBA: entrepreneurial, sustainable industry
I’m most worried about my age (part of the reason I am looking at Round 3), my work experience (not sure what top school really wants here; I haven’t cured cancer or anything), lack of leadership extracurriculars, and my low GMAT quant score. I very much appreciate any insight that you can provide.