I am starting to consider MBAs for next year but do not really have any idea how strong my profile is:
- Age: 26
- Dual national (one European country and one African country)
- Undergrad: Classe preparatoire + Grande Ecole in France (one of the top 3 Grande Ecole) + 6 months exchange in an Emerging country
- Job: 2 years m&a in a Bulge Bracket (top ranked both years) + 2 years in an African focused PE (based in an African country)
- GMAT: need to train for it, aiming 700+
- Extracurricular: 14 years playing football in a club, organized and supervised 2 trips for c.15 children in a foreign country
- First member in my family to go to university
- (not that I like talking about it but since it had a strong influence on my life and behavior, I will be doing one the essay around this theme) Very close member (think parent) did 4 years of jail time while I was 18-23 yo leaving the other parent alone (and I do not come from a wealthy family), so I had to take care of my family (and still do).
Post-MBA goals: create my own company (will probable start during the first year of the MBA) or emerging markets PE
For now, I plan to apply to Stanford (dream school), HBS and Insead. Do you think I have a chance?
Thanks a lot