Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Sep 2014, 23:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation Request

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2014, 07:53
Hello everyone!

Can you please help me in identifying the schools that I should target based on my profile and career goals? I plan to start my MBA in Fall 2015.

Brazilian, male, 30 years, gmat 680 (I may retake the test to improve it), business administration and accounting degree (volunteer work during the graduation), around 7 years of working experience in big four companies in audit (Multinational were my main clients), and now I’m international auditor in an Swedish multinational company, in the Brazilian plant. I would love to make a small move in my career for consultancy or to work with strategy field after the MBA, and also I want to work abroad after the mba. I was considering the following schools and I would love your opinions about the best options to my profile.

Warwick
Cranfield
Cass
LBS (I believe is out of my range)
Imperial College London

I'm prefer study in UK however I'm totally open for other programs and countries, as McGill (Canada) RSM (Netherlands) IE (Spain).

I would love to stay abroad a few years after the graduation to have this international exposure, and after that come back to Brazil.

What do you guys suggest?

Thank you all for the attention.

Best regards,

Ricardo
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Followers: 35

Kudos [?]: 127 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2014, 14:54
Expert's post
Ricardo--

Brazil is under-represented in b-schools that you list, so it's likely your 7 years of work experience will be attractive at your targets. I agree that LBS may be a stretch, but I would encourage you to apply since it's always good to have a stretch school in the mix. Plus, you never know if your story will resonate with them or not. Perhaps they need someone like you to round out the class. A 680 GMAT is nothing to sneeze at, and is well within the 80% range of all your targets, so in theory, people like you get in all the time at these schools. The key will be in bringing out the aspects of your story which will make the best case for your admission. We can actually help you do exactly that, so let us know if we can be helpful when the time comes.

Bryant Michaels
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews