Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 06:40

Starting Soon:

Live Q&A Session with Cambridge Admissions Team   ||    Join Chat Room to Attend the Session

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation Request

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2014, 17:39
Greetings!

This is a semi-profile evaluation as I will post most of my current attributes. However, I have not yet taken my GMAT but have been studying for 2 months and will take the exam in 1 month and a half. For that part of the evaluation, it would be helpful to receive feedback on what my target score should be. I appreciate the help and feedback!

I am currently a Master's student at Texas A&M University. I received my undergraduate bachelor's degree in Information and Operations Management here at Texas A&M as well and enrolled in the MS-MIS Masters program right away. I will be graduating this May 2014 and I am actually wanting to apply to the final rounds of the deferred admissions program (2+2) for several top schools.

It has been my goal to attend top business schools for my MBA such as Stanford, Harvard, Wharton, Sloan, Kellogg, Booth, etc.

My undergraduate (Major) GPA was a 3.8, and an (Overall) 3.53 GPA.
My current GPA for my MS is a 4.0

During my undergrad I had 2 internship opportunities, one at a leading electrical distributor's IT department in their ITLP (Information Technology Leadership Program) and another at KPMG in their Technology Advisory Services.
I have accepted this past semester a full-time job starting in September with Deloitte Consulting.

During my undergrad I was involved in several extracurricular organizations and was an officer in my most active one, Latin Economics and Business Association. During my MS year's I began a Consulting Club and have been the President of that organization for 2 semesters. I am also working as a Graduate Teaching Assistant for the Department of Information and Operations Management at my school.

Also, during my undergrad I was able to go study abroad to a top-Asian business school, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, for 6 months. I took 4 classes and achieved a 3.83 GPA that semester.

On top of all that, I am an outgoing person with interests in business, music, tech, and cinema. I like hanging out with friends and like to give back to the community through volunteering services. During my internships in the summer I volunteered at local food banks and children's clubs. I have also just bought and finalized plans to spend this summer (my last) in Panama volunteering at an orphanage near Panama City for 3 months.

As I said, I am taking the GMAT in about a month and a half and will apply to the final rounds of the deferred programs. Considering my background, do I have a shot at these top schools, and if so, what GMAT would most be beneficial to my application? Also, what would be the least GMAT score that I could score that would still allow me to have a shot?

Thank you for your time and consideration, I am looking forward to a response!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2014, 05:25
Expert's post
Yes, I would say that with a stellar GMAT you have a shot. The GMAT will be critical, as it will weight more in such an application than for a traditional MBA application where the work experience is a greater factor. Particularly for HBS and Stanford, I would want to see a high GMAT, mid 700s (730+) to be truly competitive (a minimum in my view would be 720). And with such a GMAT, I would still consider them reaches, reasonable in varying degrees.

Of course, your goals would be a key factor also.

Cindy Tokumitsu
Senior Advisor, Accepted
310-815-9553
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog