Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:18 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Re: Profile evaluation request [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
kkarthik1692 wrote:

Thanks Jon... This was very insightful... I liked your response to the 2nd question :) ... will definitely think on projecting myself out.

Just to add on some more points. I graduated from Anna University, MIT campus. It is ranked 9th in India.

I hope you are aware that ICICI Bank is the largest private sector bank in India. I think ICICI is as good as Goldman Sachs in terms of recognition.

And regd the Volunteer work, I though working for an NGO will be so obvious that a candidate is trying to get into a B-School and thats why started to do NGO work, so I tried to blend it with my passion "Cricket", as a junior coach in an academy in mumbai and previously was a junior coach in chennai.

If not Top 10 or 20 are these schools in reach?

NUS,NTU, Ross, ISB,Faqua, UCLA, Darden

Again thanks a lot Jon... will definitely focus on your 2nd answer... seems to be very important...

You are welcome dude,
Happy to help :)

I didn't mean to say BTW that your cricket activities were not great, buuuut that you have to be careful in that one thing I see happening a LOT is that candiates think something is more unique than it appears to the readers. And there are some activities for Indian candidates (like tutoring, helping out the poor neighboring village, cricket, university cohort leader) that are quite common in Indian applicants (hey, it's great stuff to have too... buuuut :) )

As for your question: Fuqua is a solid Top 10 school and will be tough likely. The others should all be more competitive for you (depending of course on your nailing that GMAT!)

So in the meantime, I'd say, worry about nothing other than getting that GMAT score up as high as you can take it.

Best,
JF
Moderator:
Admissionado
9218 posts