Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 11:40 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 79
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.26
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2060 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 79
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.26
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.37
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink]
Hi Admissionado,

Please help me figure out reasonable schools in the US that I can apply to and stand a chance to get an admit.

Profile Details :

GMAT 710 (Q49 V38 IR 7 AWA 5)

Education :

Good academics throughout, B.Tech from a top 10 university in India, 8.34 GPA.

Experience : Almost 3 years of work experience(at matriculation, currently 2) with Cisco Systems as a Network Engineer. Substantial International Experience working and leading various projects with our biggest clients. Been promoted once and recognized multiple times for workplace initiatives and performance.

6 months of work experience as Founder and CEO of an education company, leading a team of 20. Company's been performing well and has already broken even, continues to be profitable, most of all adding value by helping out students achieve their goals.

Post MBA goals : Short term : Horizontal shift to Consultancy ( Big 3 would be great).
Long term : Entrepreneurship in Technological Consultancy domain.

Achievements : Various work place recognition awards, performance bonuses, initiatives and accolades. Big account renewals and numerous perfect customer satisfaction scores.

Quizzing aficionado with numerous international to local quizzing titles.

Professional musician, performing locally at various pubs.

Already secured an Admit to the Indian School of Business for the class of 2018(starting next april)

Adding to the queries, can I target top 10 schools, I really want to be attending HBS, it's sort of like hogwarts for me, but since R1 is just a month away, I hardly think there's any time to retake.

Can you please advise.

Thanks a lot.
Admissionado
Send PM
Expert Reply
bikographer wrote:
JonAdmissionado wrote:
Hey dude,

Great to hear from you!
Okay first things first:
Do NOT retake that GMAT! You have an awesome score! Retaking would be a colossal waste of time, time that you could invest into making awesome applications and applying NOW!
Honest truth is nobody cares about the IR. Sure it would be nice if it were higher, but it's fine like this.

Your school + GPA + GMAT makes me think that overall 5-15 should be a reasonable goal for you. The thing is I feel like I know not nearly enough about your work experience and about who you are as a person, all of which is, as you can imagine, very vital for your application :)

Like:
Where do you work? What do you do? How quickly have you advanced? Do you have any leadership? What are your great achievements?

Feel free to write me back, or fill out a profile evaluation here

Best,
Jon

Jon,

Thanks a lot, for your inputs. Your advice on not retaking GMAT has cleared my confusion to quite an extent!

Best,
bikographer

You are welcome, dude!
Best,
JF
Admissionado
Send PM
Expert Reply
niksguitar wrote:
Hi Admissionado,

Please help me figure out reasonable schools in the US that I can apply to and stand a chance to get an admit.

Profile Details :

GMAT 710 (Q49 V38 IR 7 AWA 5)

Education :

Good academics throughout, B.Tech from a top 10 university in India, 8.34 GPA.

Experience : Almost 3 years of work experience(at matriculation, currently 2) with Cisco Systems as a Network Engineer. Substantial International Experience working and leading various projects with our biggest clients. Been promoted once and recognized multiple times for workplace initiatives and performance.

6 months of work experience as Founder and CEO of an education company, leading a team of 20. Company's been performing well and has already broken even, continues to be profitable, most of all adding value by helping out students achieve their goals.

Post MBA goals : Short term : Horizontal shift to Consultancy ( Big 3 would be great).
Long term : Entrepreneurship in Technological Consultancy domain.

Achievements : Various work place recognition awards, performance bonuses, initiatives and accolades. Big account renewals and numerous perfect customer satisfaction scores.

Quizzing aficionado with numerous international to local quizzing titles.

Professional musician, performing locally at various pubs.

Already secured an Admit to the Indian School of Business for the class of 2018(starting next april)

Adding to the queries, can I target top 10 schools, I really want to be attending HBS, it's sort of like hogwarts for me, but since R1 is just a month away, I hardly think there's any time to retake.

Can you please advise.

Thanks a lot.

Hey there!
Great to hear from you!
Now overall you have a very solid profile, but I think not Top 10. As an Indian Tech applicant without a 740+ AND IIT on your resume the odds are heavily against you, even if your employer is well known and even though your GPA is great.

My advice would be to concentrate your applications on a spread of schools int he 10-30 range.

Now, there is still a lot of information missing for me from your profile and I'm sure you have some aces up your sleeve which will result in a profile boost, but your applicant pool i super competitive, and I think if you concentrate your applications on more a more realistic school list you will come away from this application season with great results,
Best,
JF
Moderator:
Admissionado
9216 posts