Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 15:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation Request- 5 years exp; GPA 77%; GMAT 700

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 5

Profile Evaluation Request- 5 years exp; GPA 77%; GMAT 700 [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2014, 06:06
Hi Alex,

Thanks for doing a great job.

Here is my profile. Please evaluate if my profile is competent for top 10 programs in US or Top 5 programs in Europe.

Program Interested: MBA FT
Work experience:
Total 5 years in Technology consulting (SAP). First 3 years in Indian IT consultancy firm and next 2 years in Big 4 consulting firm.
2 promotions in these 5 years.
Have experience in leading a team of 10 people in my project. All my work is from home country (India) but worked with US, Europe people.

GMAT: Preparing for GMAT - will score ~700
GPA: Bachelors 77% in Computer Science from Anna University (2008) (Top 5 student in my class) - Diploma 90% in Instrumentation & control engg.(2005) (State 4th Rank - news came in paper but i don't have the paper with me now)
Extra curricular activities:
During college I developed a Student Management software for my college to help efficiently manage students information, College football team captain, Company cricket team captain, volunteer for Rotary club International and other NGO involved with under privileged children.
Nationality: Indian
Certifications: SAP Certified in Supply Chain module
Target programs: Top10 US /Top5 European schools
When you apply: In the next 1 year
Post MBA goal: Short Term - To get into Management consulting. Long Term - To become C level executive for Fortune 100 company

Thanks for reading and evaluating the profile.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation Request- 5 years exp; GPA 77%; GMAT 700 [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2014, 12:04
This post received
KUDOS
Hi,

Thanks for reaching out.

It seems that you've got a good amount of work experience so that will work well in your favor - particularly working for some well known global firms. You also possess a lot of leadership experience and potential as you've managed a large team and have had some good career progression (i.e. have been promoted twice in just 5 years). All top business schools will look strongly at this.

You've also got some great extra-curricular activities that shows you are well rounded. Good stuff!

As for your academics, as it can be quite competitive for Indian IT applicants at any top business school, I would advise to aim for above 700 on your GMAT with strong quant and verbal scores (75th percentile and above).

A lot of international business schools will look at your international experience which is lacking so that is the only thing that might be a red flag. But some schools, particularly in the US may not have a pre-req of int'l experience so you'd be all set.

You're short and long term goals would need to be more detailed/specific than that in your essays as this can be a pretty standard answer so you might want to spruce that up a bit!

Hope that helps. If you want to chat further, give us a call at Fortuna.

Good luck!

Best,

-Melissa and the Fortuna Admissions Team

Melissa Jones | Fortuna Admissions - a dream team of former Admissions Directors from the world's top business schools

Interested in a free 30-minute admissions consultation? Sign up on our website www.fortunadmissions.com.

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation Request- 5 years exp; GPA 77%; GMAT 700 [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2014, 02:49
Hi,

You've got a great profile and some good work experience too.

Having said that - you might still get slotted into the Indian IT Male category - which will work against your favour. I would encourage you to apply to 2 - 3 top 10 schools, but also look at schools in the 15 - 30 ranking scale. You probably have a better shot in that range.

Feel free to call us if you would like to have a more detailed discussion.

Regards,
Karthik

sakthidoss wrote:
Hi Alex,

Thanks for doing a great job.

Here is my profile. Please evaluate if my profile is competent for top 10 programs in US or Top 5 programs in Europe.

Program Interested: MBA FT
Work experience:
Total 5 years in Technology consulting (SAP). First 3 years in Indian IT consultancy firm and next 2 years in Big 4 consulting firm.
2 promotions in these 5 years.
Have experience in leading a team of 10 people in my project. All my work is from home country (India) but worked with US, Europe people.

GMAT: Preparing for GMAT - will score ~700
GPA: Bachelors 77% in Computer Science from Anna University (2008) (Top 5 student in my class) - Diploma 90% in Instrumentation & control engg.(2005) (State 4th Rank - news came in paper but i don't have the paper with me now)
Extra curricular activities:
During college I developed a Student Management software for my college to help efficiently manage students information, College football team captain, Company cricket team captain, volunteer for Rotary club International and other NGO involved with under privileged children.
Nationality: Indian
Certifications: SAP Certified in Supply Chain module
Target programs: Top10 US /Top5 European schools
When you apply: In the next 1 year
Post MBA goal: Short Term - To get into Management consulting. Long Term - To become C level executive for Fortune 100 company

Thanks for reading and evaluating the profile.

Karthik
Founder and CEO,
August Academy,
Chennai.

http://www.augustacademy.in

Re: Profile Evaluation Request- 5 years exp; GPA 77%; GMAT 700   [#permalink] 20 Feb 2014, 02:49