Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Sep 2014, 16:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation Request... 690 GMAT

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Schools: Insead '13 (M)
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation Request... 690 GMAT [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2011, 08:28
Hello,

I was wondering if you could be so kind as to evaluate my profile.

Nationality: Danish
Languages: English & Danish

Education: Masters degree (MEng) Mechanical Engineering with Aeronautics - Awarded 1st Class Honours (UK grading system, equivalent to 4.0 GPA?) from a UK University
GMAT: 690 - 88 percentile (Q48 - 80%) (V37 - 81%)

Work Experience at Matriculate: 5.5 years
Engineer & Project Leader - Oil & Gas technology company (3 years) - UK (current)
Field Engineer (Team Leader) - Oil & Gas technology company (working on oil rigs) (1.5 years) - Venezuela & Norway
Mechanical Engineer - Building Services Consultancy (1 year) - UK

Extra Circular Activities & Personal Interests:
Sport (boxing), organising company team building & social events, self studying material scientist, learning spanish, investing (shares) (but not always making the best decisions :wink: )

Targeted Schools:
INSEAD, London Business School, IESE & Cambridge (Judge)

I realise that my GMAT score is slightly below the average of INSEAD and LBS, and I believe that I could guarantee a score of 700-720 with 3-4 weeks of study. However to do so I would have to sacrifice precious time away from the application essays and CV which I am trying to complete so that I can apply for round 2 applications. Do you believe it is better for me to retake my GMAT and submit my application in round 3 with an improved GMAT score, or take my chances with my current score?

Additionally I am not actively doing any charity work or community service, which I think if I attempted to start now, would be too little too late (not to mention doing it for all the wrong reasons), and would also take away time from my application. On the other hand I do have lots of international experience from living and working in many different countries (South Africa, Mozambique, U.S.A., Sri Lanka, Venezuela, UK, Norway, Denmark). In your opinion is this international experience enough to offset some of my other weaknesses (particularly GMAT)?

Best Regards,
Bjorn Madsen
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes