Joined: 12 Jun 2011
, given: 0
Profile Evaluation Request - 700 GMAT, 3.1 GPA [#permalink]
13 Jun 2011, 06:44
Hello - thanks in advance for any insight!
Age - 27 (2006 college grad)
Gender - Male
Nationality - American
Education - Ivy league school, econ/soc major
GPA - 3.1 or 3.2
GMAT - 700 (46 Q, 40 V, 6.0 AWA)
I got 4 C's in college, all in quant classes, and took quite a few 'gut' classes.
To build a decent alternative transcript, I took 3 courses in the last year (econ/stats/accounting, the classes I got C's at during undergrad), and got 2 A's and an A-. I played a sport in college and that was where my focus was, not on school unfortunately.
Work experience -
- Currently the director of a decent sized non profit organization (7 full time staff and 25 or so part time), since 2009. Have grown revenue ($1M plus this year) and profits substantially since coming on board. Led the acquisition of another organization this past year. My duties include overseeing staff, day to day activities, budget, sponsorship, long term vision, etc.
- Currently also the owner and director of a business that i founded in 2006 after graduating school. $200K plus revenue annually, profits have grown every year, etc.
- Founded a second company in 2007; as director, grew it to $800K revenue in first year and then sold my 49% stake in 2008
I will have good recs from a board member at my non profit and from a client. I am a little worried because I don't have a 'boss' that can write one for me and I do not want my organization to know I am considering going back to school - so I am hesitant about the board member rec but not sure what else I would do.
I think my leadership is demonstrated and I have some very good stories, so I hope my essays will be good...
- Played professional soccer for a brief period after college
- Was a league all star, leading scorer, in college
- On the executive board of 2 non-profit organizations
- No volunteer/community service type stuff on my resume
Plans for after school-
Leading towards management consulting with the goal of eventually doing something entrepreneurial on a bigger scale than I have already. Before I can do something on a bigger scale, I need to learn more, see how a large company works from the inside, work for someone else, etc. And I think this path could be the best route to get me to that end goal.
I will be applying this fall for entry in fall of 2013. I am thinking 3 r1 and 3 r2 applications... thoughts on that and the below schools? Should I include safety schools and are these out of my reach? I am interested in: