Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 00:55 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 00:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2060 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Admissionado
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation Request - 750 GMAT / Low GPA [#permalink]
Expert Reply
iby1229 wrote:
Hi Jon,

Thanks for your thorough reply, I really appreciate the time you took to evaluate my profile.

To followup what you replied, will it decrease my chances the following year (Fall 2016) to get into the programs that I re-apply to if I don't get in this year? Basically I want to confirm that it doesn't hurt to apply this year even if I don't get in.

Also, I was under the impression that on the application we state our work experience as the amount upon matriculation, thus the 27 months instead of 16 months. And to answer your question, Pharma came first because I did 2 summer internships there. I didn't really enjoy the work, but it was the best offer I got. I agree with the IB/VC thing; I might talk about wanting to continue in MBB/Consulting post-MBA, even if those might not be my plans as of now.

Thanks again for your thorough response!

IBY

Hey IBY,
Okay, sooo with only 16 months in the bag, I would suggest not applying this year. Yes, they count from matriculation, but the lowest is about what you will have. It doesn't necessarily hurt your chances to reapply, but it does not help to serve a half-baked cake. Applications are a LOT of work, and I'm not sure it's the wisest idea to rush things when your chances will not be very good.

Like I wrote, rushing things only makes sense when you have a very very good reason (personal or professional). If you just feel like you want to do it earlier, it's not really a good enough reason (not for you and not for the Adcom).

I hope I'm not being tooo direct, but I truly believe that this advice may help you get the best chances possible.

Best,
Jon
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Jon,

No, being direct is exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks again for taking the time to answer my questions!

-IBY
Admissionado
Send PM
Expert Reply
iby1229 wrote:
Hi Jon,

No, being direct is exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks again for taking the time to answer my questions!

-IBY

You got it dude!
Good luck!
And if there's anything else I can help with, just drop a line,
Best,
Jon
Moderator:
Admissionado
9216 posts