Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 19:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile evaluation request - consulting background

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
GPA: 3.95
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 22

Profile evaluation request - consulting background [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2014, 06:26
Hi Experts!

I'm looking for your help in evaluating my profile for admission into a specific list of B-schools that I'm targeting. Below is an overview of my profile:

Background:

Native - Indian
Age - 27
Sex - Male

GMAT - 660 (Q 48 V 33 IR 5 AWA 6.0)

MBA entry plans - Fall 2016 or Spring 2017

Professional life:
Work experience - 49 Months
Industry - 1 year in market research; 3 years till now in Management consulting (Mckinsey & Co.)
Specific industry - Pharmaceuticals/Healthcare in Emerging Markets (specifically Africa, Middle East, Turkey and Eastern Europe)
Designation - Senior Analyst
International Exposure - Yes, have worked on client projects in UAE and Turkey
Recommendations - Can get great recommendations from Director and Partner level colleagues in Mckinsey that I work with directly

Academics:
Undergrad - Bachelors in Technology (B.Tech) in Biotechnology
University - SRM University, Chennai (India)
CGPA - 9.03 (out of 10) which translates to a 3.95 in US scale
Class XII (CBSE board) - 80% (Science)
Class X (CBSE board) - 91% (Scholarship holder)

Extra-curriculars:
- Nothing much since college
- Participated & organized college fests, presented review papers in national level conferences/symposiums
- Co-founder and Editor of the Newsletter for the Department of Biotechnology in college
- Participated as Volunteer for Community led Environment Action Network, Delhi and Delhi Environment Action Network for 2 years in school.
- Poster selected for an Environmental awareness exhibition held in Nishinomiya, Japan.

Target B-Schools:

- US 15-40 colleges:
Indiana University (Kelley); UNC Kenan-Flagler; Emory University (Goizueta); Notre Dame (Mendoza); and others

- Indian B-schools that offer 1-year MBAs:
IIM Ahmedabad/Bangalore/Calcutta; XLRI; SP Jain; ISB

- European 1 year MBAs/Masters:
SDA Bocconi; HEC Paris; ESCP Europe; Mannheim Business School

SCHOLARSHIPS:

The main reason why I'm trying for the above schools is because, as per my research, they offer a lot of scholarships and full-tuition waivers. Considering that I can't afford an expensive MBA, I want to try for colleges that can give me full-tuition scholarships. So this is one of the biggest factors in my application and MBA decisions.

QUESTIONS:

1) How good (or bad) is my profile for the colleges that I mentioned? (except for the Indian colleges, for which I don't have enough work experience)

2) For the B-schools in US and Europe that I mentioned, what are the chances of getting a scholarship for a guy with my profile?

3) Does a 700+score help/guarantee a scholarship? (I'm planning to retake GMAT for the Indian B-schools anyway)

4) Any other suggestions or tips to improve my profile before I start applying next year for 2016 entry?

Appreciate any help on this. Thanks!

Consider giving KUDOS if you found the post helpful. :)

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes