I'm looking for your help in evaluating my profile for admission into a specific list of B-schools that I'm targeting. Below is an overview of my profile:
Native - Indian
Age - 27
Sex - Male
GMAT - 660 (Q 48 V 33 IR 5 AWA 6.0)
MBA entry plans - Fall 2016 or Spring 2017
Work experience - 49 Months
Industry - 1 year in market research; 3 years till now in Management consulting (Mckinsey & Co.)
Specific industry - Pharmaceuticals/Healthcare in Emerging Markets (specifically Africa, Middle East, Turkey and Eastern Europe)
Designation - Senior Analyst
International Exposure - Yes, have worked on client projects in UAE and Turkey
Recommendations - Can get great recommendations from Director and Partner level colleagues in Mckinsey that I work with directly
Undergrad - Bachelors in Technology (B.Tech) in Biotechnology
University - SRM University, Chennai (India)
CGPA - 9.03 (out of 10) which translates to a 3.95 in US scale
Class XII (CBSE board) - 80% (Science)
Class X (CBSE board) - 91% (Scholarship holder)
- Nothing much since college
- Participated & organized college fests, presented review papers in national level conferences/symposiums
- Co-founder and Editor of the Newsletter for the Department of Biotechnology in college
- Participated as Volunteer for Community led Environment Action Network, Delhi and Delhi Environment Action Network for 2 years in school.
- Poster selected for an Environmental awareness exhibition held in Nishinomiya, Japan.
- US 15-40 colleges:
Indiana University (Kelley); UNC Kenan-Flagler; Emory University (Goizueta); Notre Dame (Mendoza); and others
- Indian B-schools that offer 1-year MBAs:
IIM Ahmedabad/Bangalore/Calcutta; XLRI; SP Jain; ISB
- European 1 year MBAs/Masters:
SDA Bocconi; HEC Paris; ESCP Europe; Mannheim Business School
The main reason why I'm trying for the above schools is because, as per my research, they offer a lot of scholarships and full-tuition waivers. Considering that I can't afford an expensive MBA, I want to try for colleges that can give me full-tuition scholarships. So this is one of the biggest factors in my application and MBA decisions.
1) How good (or bad) is my profile for the colleges that I mentioned? (except for the Indian colleges, for which I don't have enough work experience)
2) For the B-schools in US and Europe that I mentioned, what are the chances of getting a scholarship for a guy with my profile?
3) Does a 700+score help/guarantee a scholarship? (I'm planning to retake GMAT for the Indian B-schools anyway)
4) Any other suggestions or tips to improve my profile before I start applying next year for 2016 entry?
Appreciate any help on this. Thanks!
Consider giving KUDOS if you found the post helpful.