Joined: 28 Jul 2014
, given: 0
Profile Evaluation request - CPA, 750 GMAT, Only 3 years WE [#permalink]
05 Aug 2014, 09:52
1) Brief description of your full-time work experience. What do you do?
I am 25 years old, white male, NYC resident. I have been working in internal audit for a large insurance and consulting firm for a little over a year. I travel around the world performing operational and financial audits across diverse business units. I recommend process improvements and identify control issues which need to be remediated.
Prior to that I worked for nearly 2 years in external audit at a Big 4 firm. I specialized in financial audit for large multinational technology corporations.
2) Your GMAT.
I think I could score a bit higher if I retake.
3) College info: The name of the college, your GPA or grade average, your major, year of graduation. For any graduate degrees, please provide the same info. If you grades are low, please indicate if there were extenuating circumstances.
Seton Hall Univ 2011, Accounting Major, 3.5 GPA.
4) Significant college and post-college extra-curricular activities or community service, especially leadership experience.
A bit weak in this area. Fraternity Member in college. Participated in a 2 week study abroad trip which traveled all over the country of India visiting business schools and large corporations.
Any ideas for a young, NYC resident to improve in this area?
5) Important certifications like CFA, CPA, FSA, or CA.
CPA - Passed all 4 sections on first try in a 2 month period when I was 22.
6) Your target programs. Please note that my experience is with the top MBA programs (FT, PT, EMBA, Sloan Fellows) around the world. If the programs you are targeting are not listed here, I may not respond due to lack of time.
CBS, HBS, Stanford, NYU
7) When you plan to apply? Please specify round and application cycle, for example R1 2013-14 or R3 2012-13.
Regular Decision - August 2015 entry.
Any insight into how early I should apply? Was thinking October-November timeframe.
8) Your post-MBA goal.
I want to get into management consulting.