Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Sep 2014, 21:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation Request - F / 32 / 710 / 7 yrs Exp

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q41 V40
GPA: 3.3
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

Profile Evaluation Request - F / 32 / 710 / 7 yrs Exp [#permalink] New post 16 Mar 2012, 15:25
Hello -

I am a prospective R3, female, international applicant to Kellogs. I wanted some feedback from the group based on their past experience with R3 applicants to this school. Yes, I'm aware that spots in R3 are fewer for intl applicants. Even so, I'd be curious to have an informed guesstimate, if that's possible.

My stats:
Total Experience : 7 Yrs. This includes 5-Years Big -4 IT consulting experience (USA) & 1.5 years managerial experience (India)
GMAT - 710
Education : B.Tech, India ; M.S, Univ of Texas, Arlington - 3.8 / 4.0
Age, Gender, Nationality : 32 years, Female, India (International Applicant)
Extra-curriculars : IEEE Publication, Career and Life skills counselor at an India-based Education NGO for over 2 years. Volunteered consistently in education sector as part of Junior Achievement etc.
Long term goal : Plan to target unmet needs of education market thru innovative IT solutions based on insights gained over volunteering experiences

Thanks
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 72

Kudos [?]: 527 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation Request - F / 32 / 710 / 7 yrs Exp [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2012, 08:09
To be honest, even if you applied in R1 or R2, you'd be a huge stretch for a school like Kellogg. With your profile, schools like Ross, Darden, Duke, Cornell, Yale, UCLA and NYU are more in range.

As for R3, it's virtually nil - not only for a school like Kellogg, but for US schools simply because of visa issues -- you run the risk of not getting your F1 visa in time for school to start, and adcoms as a result will simply not want to take that risk. This is probably not what you want to hear this close to the R3 deadline, but just know what to expect going into R3 with your profile and situation.

Alex Chu
alex@mbaapply.com
http://www.mbaapply.com
Follow me on Facebook

Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q41 V40
GPA: 3.3
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

Re: Profile Evaluation Request - F / 32 / 710 / 7 yrs Exp [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2012, 09:30
Alex - Thanks for the review. Could you please elaborate on why you think it might be a stretch even for R1 and R2 at kellogs ?

If that's something I could work on I'd like to see how I can fix that.
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 72

Kudos [?]: 527 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation Request - F / 32 / 710 / 7 yrs Exp [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2012, 11:40
Well, for one it's Kellogg, not "kellogs".

Secondly, being Indian and IT isn't something they're as interested compared to other profiles (i.e. not in IT/engineering). Also, while schools like Kellogg aren't as discriminatory with respect to age, you are on the high end (middle 80% of incoming full-time students are around 26-30).

What you can and should do is focus on other schools as well - schools where you are more competitive for, and to apply in R1/R2.

And given your age and level of experience, it may be worth looking into part-time and executive programs instead.

Alex Chu
alex@mbaapply.com
http://www.mbaapply.com
Follow me on Facebook

Re: Profile Evaluation Request - F / 32 / 710 / 7 yrs Exp   [#permalink] 17 Mar 2012, 11:40