Could you please evaluate my profile? Here is my info:
1)I am a Software Engineer with 13 years of experience. My current role is project lead/technical lead in a medium size ($80 million)
company. I am leading a small team of 4 developers. Apart from lead role, my job involves hands on individual contribution as well.
My experience has been progressive and I am expecting promotion to engineering manager soon. My performance has been
excellent throughout and I am a key contributor in my present company working directly with CTO and VP.
2)GMAT - 710
3) 4 Yrs B.Tech from one of the most prestigious colleges of India - Indian Institute of Technology, CPI 8/10
4) Significant college and post-college extra-curricular activities or community service, especially leadership experience.
- Almost none
5) Important certifications like CFA, CPA, FSA, or CA.
6) Your target programs. (looking for programs in Bay Area, Silicon Valley where I live)
- Executive MBA - Wharton/Berkeley-Columbia
- Evening (part-time) MBA - Berkeley
7) Your post-MBA goal.
- Fast track progress to Exec level within the same company or some bigger company in same industry
8) I should be able to get good recommendations from my CTO and VP. Also I should be able to get some form of sponsorship like one day off to attend classes.
My questions are:
1. Which programs are most suitable for me?
2. What are my chances at Wharton/Berkeley?
3. What can I do to maximize my chances?
I am planning to apply in 2nd round.
Thanks in advance,
You have the right amount of work experience for the programs you are interested in, and I believe that once you earn that promotion to manager your chances of admissions will be good because at that point you'll be leading more than just a team of 4. If your employer is willing to financially sponsor your EMBA (or a portion of it), that would also help your profile. You may also want to get involved in some of the company's CSR activities so that you can demonstrate your ability to contribute outside of a strict work role.
Jennifer Bloom, CPRW
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog