Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 15:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation Request (GMAT: 690, AWA:5.5)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Marketing
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation Request (GMAT: 690, AWA:5.5) [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2013, 09:08
Dear Bryant and Veritas Prep Team,

I just joined GMAT Club today and read through many posts. I observed that you guys are few of the only consultants' who replies reguarly and encourages students mostly to take up the challenge of Mission Admission ( :wink: ). Please find below my profile and kindly evaluate:

Graduation: 74%( GPA-3.5) BTech(IT), 2012
GMAT Score: 690(Q: 49, V: 35), AWA: 5.5

Work Details: Working as QA engineer with Samsung Research Institute, Samsung India Electronics Pvt Limited (July 2012 onwards)
- My work requires me to be a Project Manager, whenever a project comes into the QA phase. I work primarily on Mobile products of the company.
- Basic work requirements are to co-ordinate with various teams, Plan the QA activity, manage resources(human and otherwise), meet project deadlines along with meeting minimum QA requirement.

Extra Curricular activities:
- Part of Samsung Cultural Index Champs, help to organise various Employee engagement activities every month.
- Chairperson of Exectuive Committee of CSI(Techinical Committee) and Grievance Redressal Committee for college fest.
- Participated in many competitions and won many awards at college and school level.
- Have done volunteer work for Art of Living organisation(But I dont have a certificate to prove it)

I've sent my score to the following Schools:

1. Arizona State University - W. P. Carey School of Business - MBA, Full Time
Tempe, Arizona, United States
2. Boston University - School of Management - MBA, Full Time
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
3.Indiana University - Bloomington - Kelley School of Business - MBA, Full Time
Bloomington, Indiana, United States
4.Purdue University - Krannert Graduate School of Management - MBA, Full Time
West Lafayette, Indiana, United States
5.University of Rochester - William E. Simon Graduate School of Business Administration - MBA, Full Tim
Rochester, New York, United States
Kindly suggest which ones of these are safe and ambitious.

I would request you to kindly suggest a few more Schools based on my profile.

-Neerav
Veritas Prep GMAT Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Followers: 34

Kudos [?]: 125 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile Evaluation Request (GMAT: 690, AWA:5.5) [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2013, 19:00
Expert's post
Neerav--

thanks for your post. Sounds like you have been busy doing applications, and with your profile, I am sure you will hear favorably from one or more on your list. For round 2, you might consider going for a school like UNC, Vanderbilt, Georgetown, Emory, or Carnegie Melon. It sounds like you have real management experience with a marquee company like Samsung and a good GMAT score, which will definitely be in the 80% range of all these schools. Even Duke or Virginia may be within reach. I say this because your first batch seems to be relatively safe. Yes you are in the deep pool of Indian applicants, but not everyone will have worked for a company like Samsung and led people. Let us know if we can give you a more detailed profile over the phone---it's free!

Bryant Michaels
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews