Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 09:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile evaluation request - GMAT 730 with employment gap.

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile evaluation request - GMAT 730 with employment gap. [#permalink] New post 18 Sep 2010, 18:41
Hi,

I'm an applicant from India.

I worked with a top electronics manufacturer (globally and not just in India) for just under 3 years. I quit my job to take some time to prepare for GMAT as well as a well needed break - my past 2 years were spent shuttling between India and another country. Living 2 years in-and-out of hotels is enough to dis-illusion anyone. :|

Also, I took this opportunity to change my field. I'm employed again, but with a gap (which it took to find employment in a new field).

My under-graduate degree is in engineering from a very reputed institute in India and I have very good extra-curriculars.

My academics were not brilliant, but always remained above average. :)

I understand that an employment gap looks bad, but with a decent score like 730 and an almost 4 year work experience ( a lot of it international) before admission - what colleges should I try for and what realistic chance do I have in them ?
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 18

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile evaluation request - GMAT 730 with employment gap. [#permalink] New post 18 Sep 2010, 20:02
I cant really comment on the colleges that you need to apply to. But what i can say is if your essays are convincing and if you explain the gap in your work exp well enough, I dont think there should be any big issues.

your GMAT is competitive enough. ATB
Re: Profile evaluation request - GMAT 730 with employment gap.   [#permalink] 18 Sep 2010, 20:02