Kindly provide some suggestions on the B-schools I should aim at based on my profile. My goal is - to works as an IT consultant for a leading firm such as PWC.
Male, 28 yr old, Indian.
GMAT – 760(99%), Q 50 (92%), V 42 (95%), AWA 5.0 (57%) (Taken in March 2012)
Undergrad – 67%
Bachelor of Technology (Information Technology), Indrapastha University, Delhi
12th - 70%
CBSE board, Delhi
10th - 82%
CBSE board, Delhi
Total of 6 years of experience as a software engineer in Indian.
4 yrs - at Sapient, a US multinational having offices in India.
2 yrs - at IBM, India
Clients so far - Citibank, RBS bank and TD bank - Canada.
Roles played so far...
As a software developer: Worked with client to understand and analyze their requirements. Proposed, designed and implemented software solutions.
As a system administrator: Set-up and supported multiple servers/development platform on which a team of 30 software engineers and testers built and tested software product. The product was eventually rolled out to more than a 4000 users for as a tool for daily tracking and tasks management.
In a step-up role: Have led a team of 12 people in temporary absence of my Team Lead for a month.
1) Recognized by Citibank as a top-performer in a team of 30 people.
2) Recognized as a valuable contributor of the team (with 40 members) while working for TD bank.
3) Given out of turn increment as a recognition for playing a very critical role on the team.
4) Out of a batch of 12 freshers, I was hand-picked and offered to step into a completely new role of a system administrator.
1) Associated with a Delhi based NGO which provides health services to underprivileged children. Participated in various weekend campaigns.
2) Associated with an NGO for 1 year, working to spread awareness about blood donation. Initiated and led a campaign to spread awareness about the burning need for blood donation at district level.
1) Participated and won in many sports(such as football, cricket and athletics) competitions in school and college at the district level.
2) Participated and got a “distinctive performance” certificate in National Science Olympiad.
3) Participated and completed the Delhi Cyclothon, 2010.
4) Completed a journey of 3000 Kms in 10 days on a motorbike through a rough and challenging track in the himalayan mountains of India.
Goal - Work as an IT consultant for a leading consultancy such as PWC, Accenture.