Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Jul 2014, 20:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile evaluation request - IIT delhi Graduate

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Profile evaluation request - IIT delhi Graduate [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2013, 07:03
Hi,

Thanks in advance for your review; my stats are as follows:

Work Experience: Have spent 2+ years in the analytics domain as of now.
Took a plunge into an entrepreneurship opportunity for a period of ~8 months but that didn't work out so well.

GMAT Score: 740

Undergrad: 6.3/10 CGPA, B.Tech IIT Delhi. Don't know how the adcoms consider this CGPA.

Extra-Curriculars: Was a little involved during undergrad, but have no volunteer extra - curricular experience since graduating. In short, I haven't done much outside the office since graduating, so I suspect this is my weakest point? :oops: :oops: :oops:

Target Programs: Confused

Application Cycle: R1 for Fall of 2014 intake

It would be great to hear which schools I should be targeting, and with what likelihood of success (reach, within range, safety). Any feedback regarding weak points that I should consider shoring up, or if I should consider applying a year later to shore up weak points would be appreciated.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V49
GPA: 3.8
WE: Corporate Finance (Consulting)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 8 [1] , given: 0

Re: Profile evaluation request - IIT delhi Graduate [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2013, 04:16
This post received
KUDOS
Hi,

You have good GMAT score and an avg. GPA from one of the top institutes in India. With the given information you may target schools like: Tuck, Berkely-Haas, Duke, Ross, Darden, UCLA-Anderson, Cornell, McCombs, ISB, NUS, Nanyang, If you are able to exhibit leadership skills, achievements/awards in or outside work place, ability to work with others, maturity and professionalism in essays and interviews then you will stand a good chance in b-school(s). You may also try your chances in b-school(s) by clicking http://www.apphelp.co.in/b-school-selector.php

Let me know in case of further assistance. You may PM your details for discussion in length.

Regards
Erina

confused123 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks in advance for your review; my stats are as follows:

Work Experience: Have spent 2+ years in the analytics domain as of now.
Took a plunge into an entrepreneurship opportunity for a period of ~8 months but that didn't work out so well.

GMAT Score: 740

Undergrad: 6.3/10 CGPA, B.Tech IIT Delhi. Don't know how the adcoms consider this CGPA.

Extra-Curriculars: Was a little involved during undergrad, but have no volunteer extra - curricular experience since graduating. In short, I haven't done much outside the office since graduating, so I suspect this is my weakest point? :oops: :oops: :oops:

Target Programs: Confused

Application Cycle: R1 for Fall of 2014 intake

It would be great to hear which schools I should be targeting, and with what likelihood of success (reach, within range, safety). Any feedback regarding weak points that I should consider shoring up, or if I should consider applying a year later to shore up weak points would be appreciated.

GMAT-720
Undergrad- Top 5 college in India
MBA- Top 15 FT ranking b-school

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 1

Re: Profile evaluation request - IIT delhi Graduate [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2013, 21:13
You have a decent profile. 740 is a good GMAT score. Your GMAT score would compensate for your low GPA. The brand name of your undergrad university is also good.

As you rightly said, you lack extracurricular activities in your profile. Your entrepreneurial experience could be one of your strong points if you know why the venture failed, and what did you learn from it. Have you made any revenues? Have you raised any external money?

Do you have any international experience? Why do you want to do MBA?

We don’t have enough information to suggest schools. If I were you, I would wait for 1 year and gain some more work-ex. It might be helpful if you could work on a cause or an activity that you are very passionate about. Remember being associated with an organization outside your work environment won't suffice; you would have to prove that you put your heart and soul into it to achieve results.
Overall, I don’t think you are not ready yet for a top school. If you think you have convincing answers to the above questions and can write good essays, you can easily get into a top 10 school. You might want to speak to few students and alumni of top schools and take a decision.

Good luck!
http://www.InterviewBay.com
- Application Reviews and Mock Interviews by Alumni of Your Target School
Re: Profile evaluation request - IIT delhi Graduate   [#permalink] 17 Jun 2013, 21:13