Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:42 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 2.98
Send PM
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 230 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Profile evaluation request. Indian IT Male national level kickboxer [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi Kushagra!

I like you wrote about your experience - yes, I am sure you learned a lot about yourself and overcoming fears and challenges. It says a lot about you that you were willing to take that risk. Plus it sounds like it was a big inspiration for your future career goals so that's a great story! Thanks for the additional details about your plans, that helps :). I'd think some more about the specific timing - will you start this venture immediately after business school? I'm not saying it's not possible but schools could see this as a bit of a risk. Or might it make sense to seek an immediate post-MBA position in something like marketing or strategy for a professional sports league? I know leagues like the NHL and NBA higher MBA grads in the US. Just some food for thought! Perhaps take a look at employment reports for your target schools to see the types of roles / organizations MBAs go to.

As for the GMAT, it's always great if you can cross the 700 mark overall, with at least a 47 Q and 35 V. Even better would be to get a score that's close to or above your target school's median so a 720+ if you're targeting schools like Yale. Remember you can always retake if you don't reach your target score on your first attempt!

Keep me posted on how the GMAT goes and if we can help at all!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Profile evaluation request. Indian IT Male national level kickboxer [#permalink]
His,
As far as my venture goes, I think it would be practical if I for it once I am financially stable!!
That is after getting into a job post Mba and learning some tricks of the trade in the process.
And once again thanks a lot for your valuable feedback!!

Regards,
Kushagra Pandey
Send PM
Re: Profile evaluation request. Indian IT Male national level kickboxer [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Yes, seems practical that way! :) Good luck again with the process!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks a lot Kate :)
Send PM
Expert Reply
my pleasure, :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hii I scored a 720 in my GMAT 50q 38v :)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Excellent! Right on the target :) Keep me posted if you have any more questions or need any help with your applications!
Moderator:
1452 posts