Would appreciate any feedback on my profile below!
1) Basic demographic info: Indian, male, 23 years
2) Educational Background: Chartered Accountant; B.Com from IGNOU (correspondence, since I was pursuing CA and the CA Institute did not permit simultaneous full time undergrad course)
3) Work experience: Currently Investment Analyst in a $100 million private equity fund. Been in this role for 1 year and 3 months, total experience of 1 year 9 months (will complete 2 years in June, which is when I'm planning to apply).
Previously worked as Audit Executive in a local firm, providing audit, accounting, taxation and reporting services for a wide range of corporate clients. Also completed ~4 years of full time internship at the same firm while pursuing CA.
4) Extracurriculars: Author of a popular finance blog, where I primarily write about how to break into finance in India. Interviewed by M&I (Brian DeChesare's mergers-and-inquisitions) for my work in PE.
Nothing significant apart from above. Currently trying to reach out to start-ups/accelerators to volunteer my services.
5) Short term goal: Work in a global private equity fund, preferably in US
Long term goal: Start and manage my own PE fund in India
6) Schools: Would prefer top-20, but still evaluating what sort of realistic shot I have. Would appreciate feedback on the same.