Please find in-line the answers of your queries:1. Given my profile and considering ISB/IIMA as targets, do you think it would be a good idea to repeat GMAT? The point to consider is that I don't see myself scoring more than 740...may be 750 if I am really lucky on that day.
- I would suggest you to focus on your application essays and interviews rather than writing the GMAT again. What if you score below 720? These are the deciding elements for admission in b-school(s). 2. Is the overall profile enough to get me through ISB/IIMA?- The schools should be within your reach. You may also target INSEAD-Singapore, Nanyang, NUS, CEIBS- Shanghai, and HKUST.
Let me know in case of any assistance required. You may PM your details for free profile evaluation or selection of b-school.
Can you please help me evaluate my profile? Colleges I am targeting in order of preference (all one year executive MBA)
1. ISB/IIMA ****** Ideally would like to get into anyone of this ******
GMAT Score: 720 (Q49 V38)
1. 8 yrs of IT experience
2. Excellent academic record
a. B.Sc. (H) Electronics, Delhi University - 79.53% (University topper in my course in 2nd year with 86%)
b. MCA, IIT Roorkee - 9.65/10 CGPA (ranked 2nd in the batch)
3. Decent extra-curriculars during MCA (nothing during B.Sc.)
a. Co-convenor for a couple of technical festivals (one organized by MCA and one institute level)
b. Active participant during Placements
c. Was more or less unofficial face of the batch
4. My current company has a flat hierarchy. So I don't have anything officially to show a lead position or something like that but I have few things which I can highlight to show leadership/initiative. The growth in the company has been good and I am considered among good performers.
a. Have been mentoring a couple of guys (actually unofficially responsible for managing them)
b. Managing an important project (from organization's perspective) single-handedly
c. Responsible for New Joiners training in my area
d. Part of initiative started for in-house training/product knowledge sharing programs
1. Given my profile and considering ISB/IIMA as targets, do you think it would be a good idea to repeat GMAT? The point to consider is that I don't see myself scoring more than 740.. may be 750 if I am really lucky on that day.
2. Is the overall profile enough to get me through ISB/IIMA?
Please let me know if you would need more information to provide a better response
MBA-Top 15 FT ranking b-school